GSB WIP

Here’s my work in progress for the Golden Skinned Being for the upcoming Duckbricks Fanon Contest.

I’m quite proud of the head, even though it sadly looks a tad messy from the front. I like to think that all the eyes are additional functioning eyes and he looks so screwed up from the front because he is a horrific fusion of a bunch of beings. :slight_smile:

The legs are inspired by the Zyglak and the hands I’m going for are supposed to be inspired by the wacky proportions of movie Krekka. :smiley:

He uses more CCBS-shells and tires than I’m usually comfortable with, but I felt it was appropriate for the GSB, since I’ve always imagined him being more organic than your typical MU inhabitant.

30 Likes

It’s great to see a GSB that doesn’t use the irnnak head and the head you made is pretty clever

10 Likes

Thanks. It’s sad that it doesn’t look as good from the front, but I don’t mind that much. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting design.

4 Likes

I think he’s pretty much done. Still debating whether to give him a tail though. The legs are supposed to somewhat resemble Zyglak legs and the hands are based on movie-Krekka’s.

He’s also made up of pretty affordable pieces, except for the gold Piraka feet and the Irnakk spine (obviously).

7 Likes

It’s funny that it uses Irnakk’s head, but covers it with enough parts that it’s not really noticeable. I like this design. It looks like he is organic, but with the mechanical bits straining through due to the fusion process.

4 Likes

I really like this design. The whole model is pretty good, but the standout part that elevates this above most other GSB models I’ve seen is the head. I’ll admit that it took me a while to really “see” it, but now that I do, it’s one of the best I’ve seen. It absolutely nails the reptilian look.

I also appreciate that you incorporated elements of the various beings that went into the Golden Skinned Being. Is there any way a Vortixx could be incorporated as well? My immediate thoughts would be the high heels and/or Rahkshi-head chest design, though I’ll admit that neither of those could be incorporated all that easily.

Either way, the model still looks great as-is, and I can easily see myself supporting this all the way through the contest.

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. :slight_smile: I like to think the pony-tail and general “hotness” are the Vortixx aspects. :joy: Nah but seriously, maybe I’ll think of something. :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s what I thought as well.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20230417-123731-937

I think maybe a short tail would add to it, similar to Skakdi proportions, but honestly it’s a great model as is

5 Likes

The fingers improve it a lot.:+1:

4 Likes

Some colours have been updated and some gaps have been filled. Here’s a size comparison next to my WIP tortoise Rahi. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

He has a tail now. :slight_smile: It’s slightly longer than that of a Skakdi though.

Btw, I’m really bad at taking pictures. His proportions are all distorted. That’s why his head is so large in the first picture. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

The proportions work well for his lizardmanly form. Chadzilla, as it were

I think you got a gold-worthy contestant here

5 Likes

The tail gives it an interesting touch. When I can I’ll be posting New pictures of my interpretation of the GSB.

5 Likes

I was able to fit him on my tiny turntable.

5 Likes

Small update: I switched out some black sockets for gold ones.

7 Likes

Nice! Love the gun armor!

3 Likes

Saw images of this flying around, and thought to myself

"Dam. What a talented fella."

I should’ve known you’d throw your hat into this ring too, Jek; looking forward to seeing you in action soon! :facepunch:

5 Likes

I’ve finally taken the entry-photos:

I honestly didn’t enjoy photographing this guy, but it might also be that I’m not currently as hyperfocused on Bonks as I was back when I made him. I hope you guys like him though. :slight_smile:

6 Likes