Guardians of the Galaxy: UCS-Style Milano

EDIT: Updates are in the comments section below.

To listen to:

I am very excited to show you my latest creation, the Milano from Guardians of the Galaxy! This has been in the works for about two months. The wingspan is 21.5 inches and it is 12 inches long. So without further ado, enjoy!

The ten feather-like wing bits, and the two engine stabilizer bits on the bottom back are all adjustable.

There are stairs leading to a small interior, which just has two bunks and Star Lord’s cassette player.

What do you think?

27 Likes

Certainly impressive, but there are a few issues. There’s a large number of studs, and the hull is rather boxy. I also think the bottom and hull could use a few details. can we see the interior?..

4 Likes

@Omega_Tahu Unfortunately, I used almost all my blue tiles for the ship, otherwise I would get rid of some more of the studs. Also, I could not find many pictures that showed much of the hull, but the actual hull itself from what I can see is somewhat blocky as well, but I agree that it still is blocky. Also from what I can see of the hull, it doesn’t have a whole lot of detail. I will upload a picture of the interior tomorrow.

impressive size and detail but it looks real blocky

1 Like

@nexolo @Omega_Tahu Suggestions on how to make it less blocky?

raise the purple
make the red areas rounder and polished
make the green sections a steeper and smoother slant

2 Likes

I’ll work on that.

1 Like

I was look less at the top and more at the bottom. I think some angle bricks would help make it rounder, and adding some greebled here and there would help.

1 Like

Endlessly better than the official set!

1 Like

Awesome! It reminds me a lot of the Brick Show one.

One critique is that its a bit to stud filled, so covering the studs would probably make it better.

1 Like

rather boxy hull but otherwise an ok build. And unlike most builders, you had the guts to have studs on the hull.

2 Likes

@Omega_Tahu @nexolo @Zero I gave the thing a few updates as you suggested. They were…

• raise the back area
  • make end of wings rounder and more polished
  • round out the hull (make it less blocky)

I did not make the angles in the front of the wings steeper because pretty much any ajustments I made didn’t look that good. Also, as I said before, I use up almost all my tiles so I cannot get rid of a ton of studs without making a bricklink order or something. I apologize if they majorly detract from the overall appearance for you, but it personally doesn’t bother me. I did however get rid of some studs on the sides of the hull, as well as give the sides a little dimension, as you can see here:

I gave it a new stand so it is more sturdy to, just some terrain, and clear 1x2 bricks. That and this next shot also show the bottom of the hull, which I made less flat:

Top view:

… and an interior shot. Not supposed to be accurate, but I had to have something:

Hope you like the changes!

5 Likes

Much better looking. good job.

1 Like