Guardians of the Shadows (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2)

Are these tracings?

It looks great. I like how it resembles the style from the 2005 animation shorts. One issue I have is that the line art is too cluttered and consistent. I suggest you make an outline to surround each character so that way we know they’re separate.

2 Likes

Nice, I like the style.

1 Like

Remeber you have to link this post here to be considered as an entry for the contest.

Also, as far as I know, since you use two custom masks in Gaaki and Pouks, you have to post views from each mask or link a free 3d model of the pieces.

5 Likes

I’m planning to make some changes before I submit it.
As for the masks, thanks for the reminder! I’ll add them now.

@KanohiReqi I’ve updated the art with differently-coloured lines for each Toa, as well as Kualus’ Kikanalo.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

3 Likes

I think the changes you made to the MOCs are fine, but I really dislike the idea of any of the Toa having any Rahkshi staff, because they have those in their Rahaga form. Overall good job.

1 Like

While I don’t like your choice of spear tips and masks for Gaaki and Pouks, I will most likely vote for this entry.

2 Likes

I like these and the little light thing you add on their chests is a nice touch, but I think the toa would stand out a lot more if you tone down the saturation of the BG as well as make it brighter.

I’m really not an artist but you should work on that background

1 Like

Not particularly a fan of Kualus’s mask and his scarf.

That aside, good job!

That’s not really the fault of the artist. The builder of Kualus’ moc gave no consent to change the mask.

3 Likes

Really neat art, slightly reminds me of the 05 flash animations. I like Gaaki’s mask change. Best of luck!

2 Likes

The background has been updated.

1 Like

remember to link to the entry list, there are only 4 days left (I think). you can still make changes after you add your work to the list.

1 Like

Color distribution.
Mask selection.
This art is the closest to my personal ideal.
I want to vote for this.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for entering and I’m sorry this message has come so late! We’ve noticed a very small, nitpicky problem that will need some correction if your entry is to move on to the polls. The rules state the following about recoloring pieces:

While you didn’t technically recolor any parts of any of the models, you did add a new color to each character in the form of heartlights. Even though it’s a small detail, since the addition of these colors breaks the color scheme of the original MOCs, we’re going to have to ask you to change them.

If you can make these changes within the next seven days, your entry will move on to the polls!

3 Likes

I’m a bit confused because this seems inconsistent with the loophole that allows Kualus’s upper arms to be colored white. The heartlights don’t add a new color, it’s already present in the eyes. It’s also one of the few things that differentiates this from a simple Stud.io render IMO.

3 Likes

The art has already been updated. The previous heartlights were different.

3 Likes

Ah, my mistake, I thought they were corrected earlier than that. For clarification, are heartlights with these colors acceptable?

3 Likes

Yes. The current colouration, in which the heartlights and the eyes match the eye colours of the models, is acceptable.

6 Likes