Guns and weapons that resemble realistic firearms in Bionicle canon

Where would we be without that wonder of engineering…

Oh, yeah. Exactly where we are with it.

4 Likes

I’m not sure that Cordak blasters are realistic firearms. They have fins and a giant red button

1 Like

in a fantasy world, “realistic” is subjective.

also that looks kinda like a minigun with a shortened barrel.

3 Likes

First, Welcome to TTV :wave:

Second, I see what you’re saying, to some degree. I know in canon, there were disk launchers, Zamor launchers, Cordak Blasters, Midak skyblasters, etc. So firearms aren’t outside the level of possibility. But as for firearms like the pistols, I see your point.

5 Likes

i dont see any problem in allowing bionicles to open carry m4 carbines

4 Likes

Loopholes are such beautiful things, aren’t they?:smirk:

2 Likes

Mmm, if you want to call it that, yeah.

4 Likes

:thinking: * thinking of possibilities for my MOCs *

3 Likes

Thank you for citing the Xian Weapons - they get forgotten all too often.

5 Likes

I’m a roleplayer. It’s my job never to forget the weapons that other people forget about.

5 Likes

However this raises some questions about vehicles in the Matoran universe, can we still apply that to motorcycles in the Matoran universe?

1 Like

Destral Cycle is canon.

6 Likes

True.

2 Likes

It’s worth noting, though, that the wheels of the Destral Cycle seem to be some kind of top-secret cutting-edge technology; no other vehicles in the Matoran Universe have wheels, and Jaller was unable to comprehend what he was even seeing when he first laid eyes on Umbra’s feet.

EDIT: The chariot included in the Piraka Stronghold set also had wheels, although I’m not sure if that detail is canon.

After doing some reading, I found that one of the early rules of Bionicle was “no wheels”.

3 Likes

Oddly enough, Jaller commands a crab-pulled cart in the Dark Mirror universe, suggesting at least the possibility that wheels existed there. Perhaps under Toa Tuyet’s dictatorship the sciences and field of engineering were advanced to supplement her brutal regime, leading Matoran to invent the wheel long before it is normally discovered on Spherus Magna in the primary continuity.

2 Likes

Or it used levitation disks, perhaps?

2 Likes

Impossible. Such a device would be repelling the ground itself, and repelling nature is morally abhorrent.

4 Likes

But there is no more Toa code there. They’re all immoral.

5 Likes

Also Metru-Nui airships, which do exactly this.

1 Like

The only way to make sense of this is to nitpick the specifics of each power.

To me, the difference is that Levitation disks only cancel out gravity, while the Crast can actively create a force in any direction.

I still have no idea why the Crast is immoral (if anything, Levitation is more immoral since you are preventing a natural force from occurring), but there’s the difference.

2 Likes