GWP Style Tarakava

Hello! Just wanted to share with you, guys, my latest project: Tarakava in the style of Tahu and Takua GWP set! If you this caught your attention, visit my Rebrickable page.

30 Likes

Wow, this is honestly really good. I might just have to build this for myself. Keeping such a wide range of articulation in which still being visually accurate to the set you’re depicting is quite the challenge, and allowing it to be built irl is an even bigger one.

Excellent work!

6 Likes

Ooh yeah the largely-Technic original build has been translated quite excellently into brick-built form here, nice job! I really like how well the model scales with Tahu, and the details are neat too. Cool moc

4 Likes

These builds came out really great!

3 Likes

You even did the fake yellow Tarakava, nice.

3 Likes

All of the angles around the “waist” are done really well.

How strong are the elbows, though? Those hinge plates can sometimes be a bit weak.

3 Likes

It really depends on the pieces and their condition. New hinge plates usually have better friction, but even a bit loose and used ones work well enough too, as there’s s not much weight in the forearms.

BTW. Thank you all for your feedback!

3 Likes

Maybe test try rubber bands on the elbow near the hinges. Rubber bands sold for hair and pet hair are small enough like the old Turaga sets.

2 Likes

The tension in rubber bands would probably cause the plates to separate from each other. Also, the hinge plates really work just fine, just like in the official GWP Tahu (his elbows are also based on hinge plates). I have no problems posig my Tarakava’s arms IRL. But thanks for advice - this might come in handy in other GWP style builds!

2 Likes