Hakumei: Ice Princess

A MOC of a character I first posted here in 2017, retconned into being a moth woman in 2022, and have now revamped a second time, sticking with the moth theme.

2022 and 2017 forms below:

24 Likes

Awwww, she’s actually really cute

Nice moc, I like how the fluffy nature of the character was conveyed

6 Likes

Ever so cute! :relaxed:

Really need to make a moth girl myself, I’ve been thinking about it for a while

5 Likes

Pretty neat build overall, especially the feet (for whatever reason). The four-armed-ness combined with those (nice) hands reminds me of Spider-Monkey from the Ben 10 line…

What does she have to do with ice, though? Is there lore on that? We gotta get some lore in here.

5 Likes

The lore’s on my Insta. I didn’t think to copy it here since it’s not really what I use this site for, but here it is if you’re interested:

Of all the worlds of the Gossamer Galaxy, the icy world of Fuyuga is its sparkling jewel. The first of the core worlds to achieve space travel, and, by extension, the first to make contact with its neighbours, Fuyuga now sits as the most powerful and influential member of the Hexat Alliance.

Nowadays, the Fuyugans dedicate their days to learning and honing their unique power over the element of ice in their towering and beautiful crystalline academies, under the rule of the Glacillon royal family.

Fuyuga’s seat on the Hexat Council is filled by Hakumei Glacillon: the daughter of the Queen herself, and heir to the throne. Prudent, well trained, but somewhat pampered and inflexible, Hakumei’s knowledge of the world outside her palace will be tested, as an unknown force throws the six systems into chaos…

Basically, I’m making a series of insect-themed MOCs set in a universe where these six worlds each have a different insect-themed population. Her planet is an ice world and her people control ice. They’re the only world with this sort of magic, the other species don’t exhibit elemental powers; I didn’t want the story to basically become a Bionicle analogue.

8 Likes

Cool, now she just needs matching wing.

3 Likes

While the build itself is incredible (especially the integration of that fur piece in the torso), I can’t help but feel as if this moc is begging to have an awesome pair of oversized wings slapped on her back.

3 Likes

Everyone keeps saying that to me everywhere I post it, but I just really don’t want to give her wings. I think it’d look too busy, and make her too heavy for the leg design I’ve gone with. Maybe I’ll try it one day, but right now it’s just not something I want for her.

6 Likes

Hey, she’s your moc, you do you. :+1:

6 Likes

You could make it so the wings are removable, so she can be posed with them but you can take them off later and set them on the side.

2 Likes

This is incredible. The 2017 version wasn’t bad by any means, but the leap in style is fantastic

4 Likes

Thank you! Yeah, she’s probably the most I’ve ever changed a MOC in the course of a ‘revamp’. I’m much happier with where she’s at now.

2 Likes