Halo Discussion (Halo Infinite Hype!)

No, the halo topic has died. Right after the day that I see an xbox 360 with halo 3 in it, get so hyped, and then find out that the xbox doesn’t work. I’m assuming that this will be the last post for a while.

RIP Halo Discussion

1 Like

That TV show amirite?

1 Like

Yeah like uh, I’m unhappy there isn’t a helmet under chief’s helmet amirite??

But yeah its not disappointing because I didn’t have my hopes up :sunglasses:

1 Like

It sure do be existing tho.

3 Likes

Imagine a Halo series with more butts than battles.

4 Likes

Halo the Thicc collection

1 Like

Honestly surprisingly good. I was a bit skeptical of a Halo TV series, but it’s cool actually seeing a developed conflict between the Covenant and UNSC, exploring the character of John Halo Master Chief more in-depth, and building up the mystery of the artifacts. Definitely recommend it.

1 Like

Master cheeks

5 Likes

Beat me to it
You didn’t happen to read the comments on a certain eckartsladder video did you?

1 Like

Perhaps I did.

3 Likes

“Halo” episode 7 is the worst episode of anything I have ever seen. I need to break down everything wrong with this.

Kwan

Let’s start with the main character: Kwan. She is the worst character in this series, and I can’t believe they dedicated and entire episode to her. She’s a petulant child, immature, and an absolute idiot, who doesn’t care at all about the aliens that killed her father and wants to free Madrigal for unknown reasons. I’m going to go into detail on these.

Kwan is an idiot: Over the course of this episode, Kwan: drives into a sandstorm with no face or eye protection, stops her vehicle and gets out to confront strangers with no weapon, then turns her back to them so they can bag her, walks around a corner looking the other way while people are trying to kill her, speaks English to a stranger who’s speaking a different language that she knows when she hasn’t seen him speak English, repeatedly attacks a Spartan in the center of the chestplate multiple times with a gun, a knife, and a rock and doesn’t even try aiming for the joints or anywhere else, walks towards a guy while holding a gun instead of shooting him from a distance, hides under a truck that is not nearly big enough to provide cover, takes mystery liquid conjured by a literal witch with no question and then afterwards asks “what did you do to me?”, and doesn’t remove the cuffs Soren put on her. I know, some of these are nitpicks, but she just can’t do anything right.

Kwan is a terrible person. Over the course of this episode, she: lies about coming to the witches on her own, lies about taking down a guy twice her size, blames the witches for her father’s death and hates Vinsher but doesn’t care about the aliens, starts an argument with a guy her father invited to dinner for no reason, is a jerk to her brother, throws a temper tantrum twice.

And as if that wasn’t bad enough, she’s also somehow able to use alien weaponry that she has never seen before.

Soren

Then there’s Soren. Soren is the only character I liked in this episode, but even he is inconsistent as all heck. So he just left Madrigal after Kwan backstabbed him and left him for dead, then hears that the bounty on her has tripled and goes back, finds her somehow, claims that he intends to keep his promise to John to protect her when earlier he threatened to sell her for the bounty, and then leaves again once Vinsher is defeated because I guess now no one else wants to kill her. Or he’s just leaving because he got paid.

Blowing the tower

I want to address the blowing of the tower, because that is utterly Bohrok Swarm. First, John’s gun just happened to have one bullet left, and Kwan finds it under a truck when it was in the middle of open ground when he discarded it; Vinsher just stands there and lets her shoot; they somehow are able to outrun the explosion; the bunker protects them despite the fact that they show fire going through the slits; and then they go outside and aren’t crushed by falling debris and instead only get rained on; and the oil that was just established to be explosive lands on the fire on the ground with no issues.

The timeline

So Soren gets to the spaceport, goes back to his asteroid, has a party, raids a UNSC ship, and then comes back to Madrigal. In like a day. And apparently that UNSC ship Squirrel found just happened to be traveling by that day, conveniently.

“Halo”

This episode isn’t Halo. There’s no aliens, no Halo, no Master Cheeks, no UNSC; instead we have witches of Tatooine and pirates and psychedelic visions and space regimes. It’s Star Wars. Plus, the Halo things they do have aren’t even right: the warp drive is way too small, the alien grenade works differently, John 117 has a dedicated gun.

The vision

What was the point of the first half of that vision? Kwan doesn’t care about Master Cheeks. She should – he saved her from aliens, killed her mom, and made Soren promise to protect her – but she only cares about Madrigal. If they wanted to have her learn that anger doesn’t solve her problems, maybe have the people she’s actually angry at, like Vinsher?

Other issues

One of Vinsher’s men gets shot six times in the body (and it leaves red bloodstains on his jacket, so he isn’t wearing armour) and he doesn’t die. Kwan’s dad tells her to go back “where it all began” and she knows exactly what that means. No one looted the oil mining facility; there’s still weapons lying around. Apparently the portal won’t open “until Madrigal is safe” so I guess the UNSC doesn’t count as safe. Apparently neither the covenant nor the UNSC knows about the portal (and the freaking MONITOR) even though the aliens have a device that points the towards Forerunner stuff.

The good parts

You don’t often see another Human language besides English/basic/whatever in a series with aliens; I liked that detail. And seeing Master Chief curbstomp a regular human was fun – until she lost all her brain cells.

Final thoughts

The Halo show in general is bad. But despite it’s issues, I have been legitimately enjoying it. This episode was the first exception. It was awful, and I stand by my claim that it is the worst thing I’ve seen (and I’ve seen all the Twilight movies).

5 Likes

wow.
Nice explanation

1 Like

And that’s honestly what I thought the show would be like when I saw ads for it last year. A good concept, but it’ll get trashed by Netflix’s writers. Besides being impossible for people who haven’t played the games to understand.

1 Like

Someone liked some of my comments here so I’ve been reminded this topic exists. Actually, watched the first two- or three-episodes last year whilst trapped on a plane with very little else to watch, and yeah, Racie’s comment sums it up. Just lots of stuff that doesn’t feel like Halo, I think john halo cheeks being aligned with a rebel is still the number one thing that stands out to me as off. Oh, and Halsey seemed way too young looking imo.

On the plus side I read some more of the Halo novels and they were good.

3 Likes

Cole protocol?

5 Likes

Nah, the Kilo Five trilogy. But I’m assuming I should read Cole Protocol then, or maybe read in order?

2 Likes