Halo Discussion (Halo Infinite Hype!)

Reach on PC is great. I’m loving being able to play Free for All SWAT. I love the graphics quality and the smoothness of it all. It’s not flawless but I’m enjoying it so far.

7 Likes

I’m getting ok at halo five

1 Like

I was pretty good at Halo 5, but after playing so much MCC as of late, I’ve gotta recalibrate myself.

1 Like

Won’t be able to get MCC for a bit but yeah it looks great

1 Like

With MCC, I finally managed to beat Halo 2 on Legendary.

And let me just say… dear god why.

3 Likes

It would seem we are on the cusp of Infinite news

3 Likes

OH SHOOT!

2 Likes

I thought I was pretty good at destiny then got too used to halo now I suck at destiny and I think I’m pretty solid at halo

1 Like

MY BOIS ARE IN THE GAME

I am incredibly hyped

2 Likes

Played Xbox Reach again last night. There’s a lot of things to miss about it but the clarity/graphics on PC are so much more enjoyable. I can live without my spartan being fully customized on PC but it was nice seeing my actual character again. It’d also be nice if they added pre-TU Team Slayer as well.

(the graphic issue is probably not a thing on MCC Reach for xbox either but I don’t open it all that often)

3 Likes

I bear news brothers!

3 Likes

I’m just excited to chuck stuff at enemies now
seeing Chief chuck that enemy battery/fusion coil thing was awesome

I also imagine that what we’re seeing is not the completed thing, as some of the AI and scripted movement looks like it will need to be cleaned up a bit, as well as some of the rendering, but it looks great so far

3 Likes

Apparently this build was from January

Regardless, as I’ve combed over this footage over the past day I am extremely excited, feels like a solid blend of old and new school halo

5 Likes

I’m a big fan of what we’ve seen/heard. Artstyle is a nice return to a CE inspired look with some of the Reach designs I actually like making stylised returns. Gameplay looks fun and the seeming implication the grapple will be a map pick up for MP elevates it in my eyes. Not really interested in the story, I’ll need to see more before I can get any interest outside of the unnamed pilot character. Glad open world has returned, it was done great in ODST and I’m excited to see it explored further.

1 Like

Let’s just hope that the XBONE’s hardware capabilities will allow the environment to a bit more dynamic and interesting. I haven’t played through ODST’s campaign solo (I’ll be getting to it soon), but during my recent playthrough of Reach on PC I noticed that many of the large and expansive environments Bungie had created… were just kinda barren and lifeless. There was barely anything going on; very few documents to read, not too many civilians to talk to, very little ammo to grab.

Raycevick made some really harsh (but I think fair) critiques of ODST’s open world in his retrospective analysis.

[Content warning: a bit of harsh language is sprinkled throughout the video]

1 Like

I would hope the grapple is in certain pvp maps and modes as a power up like active camo, and perhaps certain modes where everyone has it.

1 Like

I feel like this could result in some very interesting custom games. What if you built a kind of “Batman crossing the rooftops” parkour course in Forge where you had to clamber over, jump over and grapple across tons of different obstacles arranged to look like a rooftop.

If Infinite launches with Forge, the possibilities are gonna be endless.

2 Likes

That’d be sick. I remember a Fortnite (sorry) LTM where you get flintknocks grappling hooks and low gravity and I can imagine that being so good in halo

EDIT: Finally got MCC. Only got to do the first mission of reach so far

1 Like

Nice! Have you made it any further over the course of this past week?

1 Like

Finished Reach yesterday. Sunday my gf came over and we played a ton of Reach lol

1 Like