Halo: Into the Howling Dark Definitive Edition RP

Upon reaching the bridge, Sky noticed several soldiers standing before Admiral Jasper, some of which she recognized as Spartans, others as aliens. Jasper was quite old, his narrow blue eyes constantly gave the impression he was waiting for someone to lash out at him.

“Ah, the woman of the hour. Sky, these are the other members of your team. I know you think you’ve got a lot of soldiers, but you’re not typically going out on the front lines. Your team is primarily for scouting and stealth.” Jasper paused.

“That’s disappointing…” Sky muttered.

“You get all those assassination, and info recovery missions. You get to know what myself and all the higher ups know, even if you know that already.”

“Meh, I’d still like a little more action.” Sky said.

“Sorry to disappoint. I’ll let you get acquainted. I’ll be back to give you your first assignment.” Jasper said, moving past the saluting Spartans, before adding, “At ease.” With that, the Admiral left.

“So, this is Fireteam Daylight. I’m Grace, nice to meet you.” The lime green Spartan outstretched her arm.

“I’ll get to reading your files, but Jasper wouldn’t put anyone on my team if they were brittle.” Sky says, crossing her arms.

@Bigthwomp
@RuthlessSkate94
@Zero
@trev44
@RaptorTalon
@bornfromfire9
@RedLynx23
@EvilLobsterKing
@Calebmar12
@AlpineFalcon76
OOC: So the music I’m posting is supposed to set the mood, and usually it’s for reread value, you can hit the play button and continue scrolling down the posts.

Thomas sat in the back of the armory, scraping dirt off of his sniper from his last mission.
a bright yellow AI showed up in his visor, “you’ve been at this for hours, you cant avoid them you know”

3 Likes

A pelican touched down in the east hanger. As the back hatch opened, a green Spartan walked out. He began stretching his back. “Oh god what a flight.”

2 Likes

Raptor stood still as Grace introduced herself. His eyes not focused on much of anything. As Sky turned to assess the group, he held out his hand.

“Hello M’am”

3 Likes

"look, alpha, I know I can’t avoid them forever, but I can enjoy my alone time before I go on another suicide mission"Thomas said before putting the sniper on his back, reloading his pistol and walking out of the armory

3 Likes

Sky looked at Raptor and then to his hand, before resolving to giving him a strong, bone crushing handshake. “Welcome to Daylight.” Sky said, practically jerking his arm up and down.

3 Likes

“Glad to be here” He replied. pulling his hand out of harms way.

3 Likes

From behind the Moon of Rak Tann a UNSC Frigate jumped into slipspace as Spartan A-131 made her way to the surface of the planet, steering clear of the lone Storm Covenant CAS Carrier she was sent to observe and report what they were doing on a Jiralhanae colony world. If this latest suicide mission weren’t her last. “Time to do their dirty work again” she said as she concealed her transportation to the planet and set off to spy on Storm Covenant activities.

2 Likes

Leo rapidly removes his pack and drops it with a loud thud. He begins inspecting its contents. “I have to make sure I have everything,” he begins naming contents as parts rattle inside, “replacement visors, helmet parts, weapon parts, tools, armor parts, explosives, ammo, am I missing anything?” He looks to the Spartan standing next to him.
“You go through that thing every couple of hours, I think that’s all of it.” Ana replies, “Maybe you should put that away for now and salute our leader.”
Leo closes the pack and slumps it on his back. “You are right. Lead the way.”

4 Likes

OOC: Just so everyone knows, Lynx’s character is already ahead of us on the planet, monitoring Storm Covenant activity. However, her frigate left her behind. We’re going to Rak Tann, but not yet.

IC: @Bigthwomp “Well god d***… That’s one hell of a purse.” Sky said as Ana and Leo arrived.

3 Likes

Raptor stared at his fellow Spartan, pausing to wonder if he needed help with his massive cargo. He quickly contemplated how to rescue Leo from his own backpack snapping his spine, in case he fell over.

3 Likes

Nicolas slid down the hill and looked out in the distance then looked at the ground
“well this is a mess those marines had to bug out and now the targets have a days lead on me” he then just rooked his head to look at a nearby forest “if they went in there I would say about a 5 hour lead due” the reason for this was because he saw that they had a warthog full of equipment that would be unable to traverse the terrain there easily “fools went right in the forest” Nicolas said as he looked at the warthog tracks moving into the forest.

OOC
are we allowed to set sort of a music video above our post like sqeaverking?

2 Likes

Upon seeing sky, zero waves and runs over to the rest of the group. “Long time no see everyone.”

2 Likes

Thomas walked up to the Spartans, whispering inside his helmet. “I hate you alpha” “I know” his AI answered, “so, you guys decided to become bullet sponges huh?”

2 Likes

“Sounds like sombody’s got a cheeky AI.”

3 Likes

Leo laughs and extends his hand out tp Sky, “I carry everything except medical supplies, that’s Ana’s job.”
“I mainly carry them because of your recklessness.” She states, “He suprisingly holds his balance with that thing.” She gives a shove on his side and it doesn’t even move him.

3 Likes

“shut up, I found alpha back during the battle of earth, back in my UNSC days”

3 Likes

Raptor takes note that Leo is so anchored is due to the huge weight pulling him to the ground.

“I sure hope you are reliable, we don’t any mechanical difficulties” Raptor joked.

2 Likes

OOC: Uh, we’re not in combat right now. Not for a while, this is typically when we introduce our characters to each other. But yeah, if you want to have music, go for it.

“Thomas? Didn’t think I’d be welcoming anyone back to Daylight except Grace.” Sky remarked.

“He’s got a friend, too.” Grace observes the A.I.

OOC: @trev44 Since he’s an A.I., is it alright if at some points I take control over him?

2 Likes

OOC: Sure, just tell me when
“so, when did you guys become Spartans, I was offered the chance, I turned it down, and honestly, I haven’t worked in a team, really since the last time we worked together, I prefer solo, I just don’t always get what I want.” Thomas said, “you were never solo you idiot, I was the reason they let you go alone” alpha responded

1 Like