Halo: ODST RP

Vanessa briefly removed her helmet, to wipe tears from her eyes. She opened her pod before shakily stepping out. She looked around, seeing the beaten and broken city as her teammates made their way out of the pods.

Alex threw his pod open, striding out as he drew his turret, he quickly surveyed the area before joining his teammates.

1 Like

Winter springs out of his pod grabs his weapons and gear, then looks to Butch for further instruction

1 Like

Nexus lays down on the roof, and opens the comm channel. He plays his music quietly in the background, sweeping the area through his scope. He still doesn’t find anyone. “Anyone there? Nexus out.” He comms.

1 Like

“Nexus? It’s Keith. Where are you?” Keith radioed in, his Spartan Laser fully-loaded.

1 Like

“I’m on top of a building, somewhere.”

“Do you have a flare or something?”

“I have one, but would it be smart to light a flare?”

“Fair point.” Keith responded. “Describe the buildings around you, and watch carefully for hostiles. I guess the last thing we need is a Scarab on our trails.”

“Yeah, it appears I’m the roof of a two story building, and there are several other buildings nearby around the same height. They seem like business buildings.”

“I think I see you. You’re the Bon Jovi fan in camo, right?”

“Yep.” Nexus looks around and sees him through the Rifle scope

“I’ll be there in just a sec.” Keith added. “This is Keith and Nexus. Anyone read us?” He radioed in while walking towards Nexus.

1 Like

OOC: Butch is separated from the team.

“You know, you could have helped.” Grace groaned, looking at the ODST atop the building.

“So, I’m halfway across the city. I guess we’re going to assist other UNSC ground forces retake the city. Where are you guys?”

“Maple street and Burke.” Grace said as she scrutinized a pair of street signs that had been burned off of the post a few feet away.

“The closest we can-” Butch paused before screaming. “AGHGHhHGHHhhh” He shouted. “Guys, just stay in the city… Assist the UNSC forces…” His voice trailed off.

“We need to save Butch.” Sky demanded. “No man gets left behind.” She added.

“It’s too dangerous. We need to link up with UNSC forces and retake the city.” Grace argued.

“Butch is our CO. I don’t know who you think you are.”

“If I know anything about fighting the Covenant, it’s that we’ll find him unscathed, or mutilated.” Grace stated matter of factly. “You know it, too.” She added.

“I still want to make sure whether he’s dead or alive at least.” Sky pouts.

“Fine. We’ll go.”

“Watch out, Brute patrols ahead!” Sky shouts.

Tall, ape like creatures awaited them, each supported by several creatures half their size with pyramids attached to their backs.

3 Likes

"Oh crud… Just what I wanted to deal with today… " Erin says shooting at the ugly heads of the Brutes, managing to ground one or two. He clicked the trigger, discovering his clip was empty and threw it at the head of another Brute, reloading after his toss.

2 Likes

“Anyone there?” Winter broadcasts over the squad frequency “I’m going to throw up a flare, converge on it’s location” Winter fires his flare straight up and hears responding Covenant howls “Come and get me buggers” he mutters

2 Likes

Keith rendezvoused with Nexus. The area was littered with debris of bricks and metal. “C’mon.” He said to Nexus. “Watch your back. You never know when these guys stri-” He was cut off by a glowing pink, crystal-like projectile that cut through the air in front of his visor.
“RUN!” he roared at Nexus. “The streets are clear at the town square three blocks south of here. I’ll hold them off!” Keith shouted as he fired a beam from his Spartan Laser towards a small purple, tank-like vehicle with two jackal-like creatures standing near it.

2 Likes

Nexus ran inside the building, and ran down the stairs. He quickly exited the building and ran to the cover of the next one, even though most were littered with holes.[quote=“squeaverking, post:33, topic:28309”]
“You know, you could have helped.” Grace groaned, looking at the ODST atop the building.
[/quote]

Nexus stopped and fired several rounds at the Brutes from a distance.

1 Like

“Erin here. Give the signal and we’ll go. We might have some company though. Brutes are here.”

2 Likes

“Cool. I can see you from here, but we have a purple tank on out tails. I’ll try to take out some of the brutes.”

2 Likes

“Thanks.” Erin casually says and runs towards Brute that got to close and punches it in the jaw, dislocating it and knocking it to the floor. He then shoots a couple bullets into it.

2 Likes