Hangin' With Miney Ep. 2: Rebranding

Desc.: Today, we see returning and new faces and get a sense of what’s been going down!

“Alright, press that white button to start recording. And don’t press it til I’m on the chair!”
“I know how to work a phone! Go sit down, crazy…”
“Jeez… I don’t think this was worth it.”
“Wa- YOU’RE the one who asked ME! You have to deal with me now.”

“Just because I have to doesn’t mean I have to like it, though. And besides, it’s YOUR fault! You’re the one who said yes!”
“That’s… tha… that’s besides the poin-”
“Nah just forget it, we can start flimin’ in a second.”
“Wait I’ve been recording this whole time…”

“ONE job…nothing complicated, nothing fancy…”
“Well can’t you just edit it out?”
“Ok… fine, just hold it still.”

“Heyo dudes! Miney here again, been some time since I seen ya. I figured I’d let y’all know I’m not dead by showin’ my face around here.
Speaking of that face, ya may notice some change. In fact, ya might notice some change with all this stuff.”

“Well, to sum it all up, good deal of time has passed. Stuff went down, I came to realize a few things about my setup and myself, and changed. Heck, I even got a new camera stand!”

“Is that all you wanted me here for?! That buildup, you told me you had something important for me to do for you!”
“Gah! That hurt! I didn’t lie, you know! Holding the camera is important! It helps me!”
“You know what? Start it all over again. You’re gonna introduce me proper and not call me your camera stand!”

“Hey everyone, Miney here, this time with my acquai-”
“FRIEND, Miney! Friend! Get it straight for once… and you viewer people better not take his side.”
“I know exactly what I was going to say and I’m sure the nice internet randos will side with me. Anyways, yep, this is… we’ll call her Dodge.”
“I… ok, you know what… fine.”

“Ok, great. Now that we’re done with that little intro I wanna show the genteel viewers the shelf back behind ya. Couldja hold the camera for me?”
“Since you asked this time.”

First, I got this neat little shelf to put crap on. Right now I just got some Lego junk and la caja de misterio… but that’s not something y’all need to worry about.

“Ok, Dodge, pan to the desk.”
“You know you can just walk around and point and I’ll follow…”
“Well you could’ve told me that earl-”
“You didn’t ask though.”
“That’s besides the point. Pan to the desk. Here’s the updated setup - I don’t got the cash to upgrade the 'puter itself, so I just got some cheapo 'quipment from another yard sale. The desk is also pretty new, the owner of the other one asked for it back and I found this nifty one in someone’s yard.”
“Miney, did you steal that desk?”
“MOVING ON!”

“So, I guess I should say what’s the dealio with all this change. Well, to put it shortly, it’s all your fault NOTaHFfan. Without getting into complex explanations of the intricacies of rebirth and reincarnation as well as the religious and moral implications of these, my soul would have been shoved into a Slizer if it wasn’t for you. That is not a joke. I have the Slizer. As for my face, that old TV was gettin’ kinda heavy but also it couldn’t express what I wanted it to. I had to rig up entirely new ASCII art any time I wanted a different face, so I decided I’d smash in my head and replace it with a human skull. No jawline could truly satisfy me, though, so I replaced it with something a bit more… metal.”

“Ok, Dodge, gotta wrap this thing up, it’s gettin’ pretty long. Those internet dudes aren’t gonna want somethin’ that kills their brains.”
“I was motioning to you this whole time, don’t act like this was your idea to wrap it up.”
“Shush. Pull the piano bench over again and we can get the outro.”

“So, lads, that’s what’s been shakin’. Hope you guys liked this one and be nice to Dodge in the comments. Let me know what you think of my face too, I’ve got a few other heads in the back that I’ve considered using.”
“Miney, they’re gonna think you’re insane. Edit that out.”
“Too late. Anyways, adiós mis amigos, see you in the next one!”

Builder Miney's Notes

Hey. Builder Miney here. That was kind of long, but I did enjoy writing it. This time around I built a few extra details, as well as my friend, henceforth known as Dodge. Speaking of the characters, I have a few more pictures.

Dodge’s skirt was really tricky. The character is actually based on someone I know in real life, including the dress. It was originally a very poofy old-fashioned gown that she wore as the Queen of Hearts (hence the little wedges on the dress), but I couldn’t find a satisfactory way of creating the poofy dress. As a result, she ended up having a waist cape and some pants and boots. I’m quite pleased with the design (and real-life Dodge is as well!)

The Miney character, in my opinion, has had vast improvement. He’s now a lot more poseable and stays together much better than the original. He has more details that better reflect my actual appearance, such as more expressive features and bracelets in addition to his updated clothes. Additionally, this time I made sure he can interact with other props I made in the past, including a piano I made to go with my very first self MOC.

The “ON AIR” sign was another new thing that I thought was pretty cool. When I was really young, my mother bought me a Minifigure storing and display case. Until this post, it was just storing a few Mystery Minifigures and a Shredder GWP, but I realized I could use the cells in it to create a sort of sign. It’s all legal and everything can be taken out.

Overall, I’m much happier with this Miney than any previous version. I will still be improving him as time goes on and as I acquire more parts. Thank you for reading all this stuff!

8 Likes

That skull is, uh…

Uhm…

Hm.

The piano is my favorite part. Lots of fun details with that part of the build.

3 Likes