Have you ever gotten a set with a missing piece?

so awhile back I bought this poly bag, and it did not come with Lloyd’s head.

the question is: Has this ever happened to you? when? and what set?

standard rules apply here.

DO NOT DOUBLE POST OR @ELJAY WILL STEAL YOUR KNEECAPS!

5 Likes

I once bought a skull scorpio from target. For some reason, it was missing a 2 long axle and instead came with a 1x2 slope. I can see how a piece can be missing, but how a slope got in there still baffles me.

5 Likes

strange

2 Likes

Can you believe it? No tires.

9 Likes

I got 8285 as a christmas present as a kid. It was missing a 1x1 brick w/ pin hole. There was a deep frustration digging through a huge pile of parts, as the set didn’t have numbered bags, iirc. Me being obsessed with order and instruction didn’t help either. My mom eventually convinced me to try building without the part and see what happens. Turns out it wasn’t important, just one of two catching pieces for the opening engine compartment.

Side note, the set also had a misproduced 1x2 grill tile. It was sort of shriveled and smaller than intended, so it couldn’t attach to anything.

4 Likes

i once got that lego marvel set with agent colson and the hammer guy, no stickers.

3 Likes

I got the orient bazaar lego board game for my birthday once and I swear about half of the pieces were missing. That was very upsetting. My parents bought me a new one later that day (or the next, I can’t remember)

2 Likes

me gusta, sounds like a non purist’s dream.

that’s somehow stranger than this

1 Like

Several times actually. And no, I didn’t just loose it.

2 Likes

When I bought the Raid Zeppelin several years ago, I found that it was missing a 4L Technic axle. Though, to make up for that, it came with an extra Sky Pirate flag.

2 Likes

Any particular instance that has stuck out to you?

yeah my copy of the Destiny’s shadow came with two extra wing vinyl.

1 Like

No unfortunately. If I happen to remember, I’ll add it here.

EDIT: Actually, silly me - the most recent one I remember. The Child set from Star Wars was missing one tan (or black?) 1x1 piece. Luckily, it was to be placed inside the construct, so I was able to replace it with a spare sand green one that came with the set, without breaking the color scheme.

2 Likes

I forgot which piece it was, but I couldn’t build the thing as intended

2 Likes

Bought the Lesovikk set before it was recalled. Don’t know the exact piece that was missing, but I know that I wasn’t able to build one of the turbines because of it. Of course, this happening in 2nd grade and me being oblivious to things like “BZPower” and “the news,” I never knew that it wasn’t just my set that was missing a piece until much later. I’ve still never gotten around to fixing it either, well over a decade later. Which obviously makes it a collector’s item, right? …Right?

3 Likes

i’m sad to say but it would only be one if it was still in box. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This set didn’t come with a cape for batman, but it’s not a big deal since it’s not a crucial part of the set

3 Likes

recently for my birthday earlier this year I got 71715 jay avatar - arcade pod.
you know those little packs that most recent ninjago sets have come with that have all of those extra weapon pieces? Yeah it was missing the entire pack.

2 Likes

I got the Ninjago Legacy Ultra Dragon. It didn’t come with one of the dragon’s pieces. I might have blamed myself for losing it, except that the set also came with not one, but two Pythor torsos.

2 Likes

In January I got a brand new Turaga Dume and Nivawk, and it was missing two of part 32015 for the talons and instead gave two of part 32014, despite the manual showing otherwise. I luckily had two in my own collection, so I replaced them.

2 Likes

time to revive this topic
Recently this summer I got 71746 Jungle Dragon, and one of the turquoise slope pieces was missing, you can actually see it in this picture:
20210630_190011
on the left front leg, compare it with this picture:
Screenshot 2021-08-16 4.50.28 PM
Weirdly enough, a gray plate with bar was included, and that piece isn’t in this set at all, the only conclusion I could make was that they somehow swapped the plate out in production for the bar plate.
also I got a replacement from lego so happy ending :grinning:

5 Likes