Help me make a Toa

Yep, that is perfectly fine, but, people often do want to fit their MOCs into the official canon, so I was just making the distinction.

What about the ones from the Protector of Jungle? I think they might match better, as they are blue and green.

1 Like

How is this relevant?

I think he’s talking about the flame pieces that are being used in Bionicle 2015 that came with the Protector of Jungle as a substitute for the kopaka ones…

I fail to see what this has to do with anything. I already said I’d just go over a Furno blade with sharpie or whatever.

Ya, guess he didn’t necessarily get the memo, lol. So how’s the moc coming…? It sounds like it should be pretty cool when done…

Welp, I have a head and a weapon. That’s about it so far as I’m completely stumped on making Brutaka’s color scheme into a sleek, aquatic inika build. I’ve tried building a few iterations of the MoC, and I’ve found that whenever I use the Piraka torso, it tends to come out with too much gold.

Although, I did just get 2015 Onua, so maybe I’ll steal some of his armor to help with the shoulders. Actually, it’s mainly the shoulder armor and chest armor that I’m having the most trouble with, as Piraka torsos don’t exactly have a lot of connection points >.<

1 Like

I feel the pain, I had to deal with that on my moc… I wound up just slapping a second torso onto the back of it xD

Do you suggest I switch to a regular Inika torso? The main problem is they don’t come in Brutaka gold…

Honestly, at this point I’m considering switching to an easier color scheme such as black and red. It’s just extremely difficult to make a MoC with this color scheme, and I’m working with zero advice or ideas on how to achieve it. I only need help shaping his body and armor with the available color scheme pieces.

I would suggest ditching premade torsos and such and making a custom one, but if you don’t have the parts/want to make it simple that’s fine.

Hmmm… yeah, I get how hard this color scheme is to work with, haha. Just curious, did you ever get Brutaka? I have an idea if you did, but I need to know first. It would be simpler than a custom torso, too.

I have no idea how to make one. Believe me, I’ve tried.

Yes, I have.

You know, I just got the idea that maybe I could try my hand at a Baterra MoC. Maybe I’ll make it black and silver, though.

Seriously? Look almost anywhere and you can find howtos, basic help, starters, so on and so forth. If you need some ideas, I’d be happy to help if I can.

Well, if you have the Brutaka set you should have a Metru Blue Piraka torso to work out of if you don’t want a custom built. You could use that as your base so you don’t get you issue of Gold Overload, add some custom armor to it that actually IS gold, and fill it out after that… that could MAYBE help with your color issue.

The issue isn’t a color overload. The issue is actually finding armor to work.

I’ve searched extensively. Most of them are specialized for a specific MoC, or just extremely bad.

Hmm… what I have found to work is Metru chestplates, if that helps at all… they seem to fit onto the Piraka chestplate nicely, if you have a few Toa Lihkan ones lying around… I think several sets had them in that color.

And on the topic of a custom chestpiece as an alternate, I’m making one for a different MOC which may have the same pieces in the colors you want, if that wil help. I’ll post instructions on it here when it’s done. :slight_smile:

Can you give me an example of a Metru chest plate on a Piraka torso? I can’t see how that would work.

Look at the official model for Vezon. You attach two of them, each going inward with two pegs connected to the pin holes on the shoulders.

Step 1, get a bottle of vodka.
Step 2, Poor a little vodka in a glass.
Step 3, Drink from glass.
Step 4, Drink from bottle.
That’s how you make a Toa.
(Don’t do drink)

2 Likes

I love it! Torso finished.

Now then…legs and arms.

Instructions were unclear. I accidentally poured it all over the MoC.

(Also, the local store didn’t have any :c)

2 Likes