Help with working of my Self-Moc

I finally got to working on my self moc but I wanted it to be buildable so before I was gonna buy the parts I wanted your guys imput.

so here it is. I haven’t given him a weapon yet so if you have any suggestions
please tell me.

14 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right category for this, but I’d say it looks pretty good. The waist is a bit thin so that’s the only thing I’d recommend. Also, you may want to reconsider the mask because recolored 2001 Kanohi are pretty pricey.

3 Likes

(changes catagory to Lego Creations)
oo nice - i like the torso!

3 Likes

Looks pretty good overall, but those knees will be far too weak to hold up the rest of his body. I’ve tried using such a connection myself in the past, and the moc simply refused to stand up.

Also, the Mata ball joint pieces at his shoulders, waist and wrists should be swapped out for the ones with through holes, they have far better clutch power.

If you could revise the legs a bit everything should turn out fine

9 Likes

I know those 2001 masks are expensive, I’ve looked then up before and the white miru costs about 20$ but its a mask that I really want for this moc and for kopaka.

Also, I’ll have to see what I can do about those knees.
And I will change those Mata ball joints too.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Really like that knee design, but as monopoly pointed out, itll never hold as it is right now. What might work depending on exactly how light the moc turns out is some black pinaxles, though thatd require a slight redesign, and would definitley be finecky if it does work. Im curious, if the thighs were made a bit longer to fit in a gear with something to give it friction and mesh with the one on the lower limb, would that perhaps work?

4 Likes

That’s a good idea actually

You’d have to set it up like this to get adequate friction

Knee still bends pretty far despite the gearing

7 Likes

I might actually need to try that in a moc now, thanks for proving it!
Now I need more hordika forearms though…

3 Likes

oh wow, thanks. I might use it.

3 Likes

Here is a comparison of your leg design and a design i was working on just now.
Screen Shot 2023-05-27 at 1.50.18 PM

I was just gonna have you guys vote on which on the one you liked better.

4 Likes

Gears for sure, but Im never really a huge fan of large ccbs bones

3 Likes

He’s got kind of a lanky build, so maybe a staff would suit it best

3 Likes

I built this sword and I tried to make it a little longer for proportions and went with Kopaka’s sword for the blade just cause it was white.
Screen Shot 2023-05-27 at 6.04.20 PM

3 Likes

Hey, its been awhile sense I have looked at this moc again and now that i have I realized theres not much more I want to do before ordering the pieces to build in in real life. Of course I still want to give it some sort of weapon, probably a staff/spear. Another thing I looked at is to see if I could change the color scheme without changing a lot of the build to be able to build it with actual pieces but this is one of the few colors I can actual build it with and I really dont mind just the white and black.
Here is another render of what the project currently looks like.

4 Likes

Build is still pretty nice. As for the weapon I would go with a staff, those are always much cooler in a psuedo-fantasy setting like Bionicle

1 Like

That looks great! I like the leg and arm designs.

1 Like

Spear design is done, let me know what you guys think.

3 Likes

Nice and simple. I like it!

2 Likes

I do like the shaping of it. Reminds me of a less aggressive Spear of Fusion

2 Likes

So, a quick update. At this point in the project I feel I should order the pieces to build it irl so I can get an actual feel of it. Mostly I want a good rang of articulation and I can kind of see what is limited but it would just be easier to build it by now.
I also want to find a way to give it a more unique look.

3 Likes