Helryx (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First)

This is my entry for the Toa Helryx Canon Contest.
made in Sud.io

Additional pictures, the model for the mask and the Stud.io file can be found here:
Helryx Canon Contest - Google Drive

Her color scheme consists of dark blue, dark azure and black.
Her tools are mainly silver with some dark azure Gahlok Kal pieces to make them look consistant with her armor.

She has all standart points of articulation :sweat_smile:

I wanted her to somewhat resemble a Turaga because she’s said to be very old.

Her shield can be attached to her back via technic pin connection.

She wears a custom mask I created myself using Stud.io PartDesigner.

23 Likes

Looks great

Thank you :pray: I put a lot of thought in this

it shows, love the mace as well, btw was the mask difficult to make?

yeah, finishing off the mace with these Gahlok Kal pieces was propably one of the most satisfying moments building this :grin:
The mask was actually a lot less difficult than I anticipated. It’s my first try designing a custom mask and initially I didn’t know where to start, but as soon as I had a basic shape and a general estetic idea it just kinda went off :sweat_smile: I don’t know if you’re familiar with the PartDesigner, but I basicly just turned, stretched, rescaled, cut and meshed together different pieces and shapes offered by the software until it looked like this :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for entering!

Before we can accept this entry, we will need a link to the file for the mask on its own. Once we have that added to this topic’s first post, you’re all good to go!

Thanks for pointing that out! :sweat_smile:

I have added the model to the linked Google Drive folder, both as a ‘.obj’ and a ‘.part’ file. And I edited the post accordingly.

1 Like

so you modified prexisting lego pieces, that is a stroke of genius, wish I would have thought of that, although I have done a few modified pieces with parts designer before, the mask looks like a high poly 3d model made by a high end program, so kudos for that

1 Like

really appreciate that, thanks! :grin: