Helryx: Destiny Warrior (The First contest, art portion entry)

A bit close to the deadline, but she’s in!

I hope that I’ll be allowed to submit a high quality scan when I get the chance, but for now, this is the best I can do for my entry.

The mask takes inspiration from the Scuba Throwbot’s visor. The similarities to the Bull Skull mask were unintentional.

More details (I still don’t know if I can update the phoit with a scan though- @Eljay/@Mesonak, and word on that?):

I went for the style of the original three movies, depicting her organic tissue alongside her mechanical parts. Since the Vahi rusted underwater, and Helryx is a Toa of water who presumably uses tidal waves frequently, I figured that her armor would be rusted as well. The shield pulls inspiration from this Mata Nui symbol:image
The scope on her mask is intended to be on a ball joint, to giver her a wide range of vision when in battle. However, it can be retracted a bit when at rest- this is how the mask drawings show it. I tried to communicate her “frailty” with the large amount of visible organic tissue.

15 Likes

The UDD symbol around the mace is a nice touch.

Seems to me Toa of water would have rust-resistant armour, for just that reason; but I like how it looks nonetheless.

2 Likes

I love the idea and execution of the mask and shield!

1 Like