Helryx: Into the Multiverse

To be honest, when I opened this topic, I fully expected to be bored by its content. I’m very pleased to report that my expectations were subverted quite thoroughly. This collab was a wonderfully imaginative wild ride through the multiverse.

5 Likes

B-but that’s impossible! The canon contests are supposed to limit creativity! what madness is this - canon contests inspiring people?!

20 Likes

This needs to happen for literally every bionicle character. Not that that’s feasible, but god it would be awesome. Amazing idea, you killed it!

5 Likes

Yep, these are pretty fantastic. All of them are so well constructed, and the entire concept is so inspirational. It’s also neat to see how despite hugely varied building styles, all the builds are recognizable different versions of the same character.

3 Likes

This is awesome! I love seeing them all together.
Here’s a couple of pics of my MOC irl, which I used to get the design looking nice before building the stud.io version!

15 Likes

Thems some solid looking hips.

@Synnova32
You did a good thing sir, I’m sure those people are quite pleased with these. It ain’t much but please, take my respeck

4 Likes

Sad how almost every Helryx here looks better than the winner MOC

2 Likes

Despite its similarity to Hoseryx, the Steven Universe fanboy in me compels me to like the Spinel variant.

Also, I LOVE the head design of the Hordika variant. I hope that piece can be 3d printed.

1 Like

boi why you gotta be such a downer

4 Likes

Exactly! This almost means… It can’t, it’s impossible, but… it means that the original - the restrictive, imagination-trampling canon contest winner… Inspired people to build better!!

I just

I need a minute. This is all too much to take in.

6 Likes

I really like roids Helryx. It translates the original model into the inika build perfectly without sacrificing key elements from the original, like her hunchback. Diana’s build is amazing and fits well with Galva’s mask and the hordika varient is awesome. I’d love to see more of the hordika mask.

2 Likes

Very happy to have been part of this! They all look so cool together :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

10 Likes

wait, we have vtubers now?

7 Likes

Hi! Yeah!

5 Likes

I knew this day would come

All look nice but favorite is @Sokoda . The art style of all these portraits are all so cool

3 Likes

Your posters are top notch! It’s amazing seeing them side by side, thanks for organizing this!

1 Like

This is a very interesting collaboration. I think the Hordika version is my favorite, although the last one is excitingly unique, and the Toa of Fire looks quite good.

Also…

These are so painfully, unashamedly, laughably caustic that I must call foul. There’s no need to mock people who don’t like the canon contests. @Ghid, if you intended to get anything more than a cringe at your callow sarcasm, take a reprimand and please refrain from baiting again. You might consider commenting on the actual MOCs presented, for starters.

3 Likes

Helroids says have fun, be yourself, and remember that creativity isn’t limited by some silly contests that you can choose to disregard if you like, and also trans rights.

6 Likes

I am so confused

1 Like

That must mean transparent pieces, though I don’t see any on the Roids variant, regrettably. Someone make a fully trans-blue Helryx, stat! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes