Helryx: Into the Multiverse

“What if there was a multiverse, my dear Helryx? There would be endless unique variants of yourself-- vastly unfamiliar yet familiar versions of you across not one time and space continuum, but many.”

Almost six months in the making, I’ve finally accomplished, along with some good friends, my pseudo-toy photomanipulation masterpiece-- the Helryxverse. What better way to end my “What If?” series of designs than to share that fun with people in this community I love dearly? Links to my “What if?” series of MOCs are at the bottom of the topic.

Happy Bionicle Day, gathered friends!(I’m in Asia, so my timezone says 10th August ok) Today we celebrate the Unity between fans all over the world, fulfilling our Duty to the great spirit of creativity, and claiming our Destiny as the future of Bionicle. Let no fool dim the spark of your heartlights.

Cheers, everyone!

Featured in this mighty collaboration are Helryx designs by some of my good friends from the Digital Lego Designers Community. Meet the Helryx Variants!

Variant: Aartii
Kanohi: Noble Ruru
Weapons: Spiked Mace and Shield
Accessories: Fauld
Origin: Aartii Studios

Variant: Mata
Kanohi: Mask of Psychometry
Accessories: Fauld and Tasset, Krana Sash
Origin: Ashilean

Variant: Spinel
Kanohi: Pakari
Weapons: N/A
Accessories: Elastic Limbs
Origin: Aurora

Variant: Exemplar
Accessories: N/A
Origin: Chuck Nofel

Variant: Dia
Kanohi: Mask of Psychometry(Galva Variant)
Origin: Tsukino Diana

Variant: Biocraft
Kanohi: N/A
Origin: E-Matt

Variant: Melding
Origin: EvaneticsArt

Variant: Hordika
Kanohi: Mask of Psychometry(Hordika Variant)
Weapons: Spiked Mace and Rhotuka Spinner
Origin: Ibbie

Variant: Defender
Weapons: Spiked Mace
Origin: MegaMekaLesbian

Variant: Technorealm
Accessories: Fauld and Tasset
Origin: TheMugbearer

Variant: Minifig
Origin: Novacaine

Variant: Brick Figure
Origin: Unpixelled

Variant: Prototype
Kanohi: Mask of Psychometry(Galva Variant)
Origin: Sokoda

Variant: Toa of Fire
Origin: ToaTom

Variant: Matoran
Weapons: Mace and Shield
Origin: Valtarshol

Variant: Roids
Weapons: These Hands
Accessories: Soon to be your bones
Origin: VootCaboot

Last but not least, the variant by yours truly.

Variant: Berserker
Kanohi: Mask of Mutation(Galva Variant)
Weapons: Claymore
Accessories: Cybernetic Arm
Origin: Synnova32

I made some major revisions to my entry from Canon Contest #1, and recycled an old claymore design. In this universe, after losing her good arm mid-battle, Helryx was the one to take down the Marendar singlehandedly. She wears one of its arms as her own, being the battle torn queen that she is.

And that’s the gallery, gathered friends!
Some of these variants are scattered throughout the multiverse, via the social media platforms of their points of origin. Find them all!

Support me on my Instagram and Reddit by checking out, and sharing the posts there? You’ll find me by the same username. I’d appreciate it lots!

I hope you enjoyed the presentation! May the rest of your 810 celebration go swimmingly, and may the Great Spirit be with you all! Cheers! :grin:

Credits Where They Are Due

Galva - for the Kanohi Models, Claymore Blade Model, among others used

MegaWillBot(Will Bruning) - Articulated Hand piece set from Thingiverse

The Biopack and Studio

and to TTV and their inaugural Canon Contest for Toa Helryx for being the main inspiration.

Links to my “What If?” Series of MOCs

“What if Matoro survived being absorbed by Teridax?”
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNz983KJ0nY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

“What if Lesovikk was never cured by the Ignika and left to rot?”
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKhkBK7HfFs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

“What if Tahu kept the Golden Armor, and never reverted to Mata form?”
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKEUIoQJ3Uj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

“What if Krika’s wish to be a Toa was granted?”
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHtEdGDnScV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

83 Likes

Truly an interesting trip into the Multiverse.

2 Likes

This is absolutely wild and I love it

Absolutely outstanding in every way.

19 Likes

So that’s how Hoseryx fits into canon.

Quite the cool collab.

8 Likes

Love this!
See, this is why people should not worry about the canon contests, whatever wins is a springboard for your imagination!

I love how you and the people you worked with have made such a variety of takes, seeing as Bionicle in later years involved alternate universes this is so fitting for a celebration of Bionicle!

The lighting seems amazing, how was that achieved in Studio?

4 Likes

Thank you all! Much appreciated love and support! This was mad exhausting to make but ultimately worth it, and just in time for our annual celebration heh

As with my past works, I don’t use Studio’s default lighting set up; I always set the Intensity to 0%.

I use large dome and baseplate pieces set to Luminous colors as my light sources, and positioned around the canvas like a photography studio would. For this particular set up, I used a dual lighting composition. The final adjustments would be fixed in Photoshop, as I can’t really adjust the intensity of the luminous pieces’ emission :sweat_smile:

It isn’t the cleanest, because Lego plastic is naturally glossy, which makes for noisy lighting most of the time. I’m glad you love it nonetheless! Cheers!!

10 Likes

To be honest, when I opened this topic, I fully expected to be bored by its content. I’m very pleased to report that my expectations were subverted quite thoroughly. This collab was a wonderfully imaginative wild ride through the multiverse.

5 Likes

B-but that’s impossible! The canon contests are supposed to limit creativity! what madness is this - canon contests inspiring people?!

20 Likes

This needs to happen for literally every bionicle character. Not that that’s feasible, but god it would be awesome. Amazing idea, you killed it!

5 Likes

Yep, these are pretty fantastic. All of them are so well constructed, and the entire concept is so inspirational. It’s also neat to see how despite hugely varied building styles, all the builds are recognizable different versions of the same character.

3 Likes

This is awesome! I love seeing them all together.
Here’s a couple of pics of my MOC irl, which I used to get the design looking nice before building the stud.io version!

15 Likes

Thems some solid looking hips.

@Synnova32
You did a good thing sir, I’m sure those people are quite pleased with these. It ain’t much but please, take my respeck

4 Likes

Sad how almost every Helryx here looks better than the winner MOC

2 Likes

Despite its similarity to Hoseryx, the Steven Universe fanboy in me compels me to like the Spinel variant.

Also, I LOVE the head design of the Hordika variant. I hope that piece can be 3d printed.

1 Like

boi why you gotta be such a downer

4 Likes

Exactly! This almost means… It can’t, it’s impossible, but… it means that the original - the restrictive, imagination-trampling canon contest winner… Inspired people to build better!!

I just

I need a minute. This is all too much to take in.

6 Likes

I really like roids Helryx. It translates the original model into the inika build perfectly without sacrificing key elements from the original, like her hunchback. Diana’s build is amazing and fits well with Galva’s mask and the hordika varient is awesome. I’d love to see more of the hordika mask.

2 Likes

Very happy to have been part of this! They all look so cool together :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

10 Likes

wait, we have vtubers now?

7 Likes

Hi! Yeah!

5 Likes