Helryx: Midnight Zone

A moc based on this fantastic art: Pavel Milkota on Instagram: "".the.first.toa." Один чел (@theunderscoreddouble) кинул мне эту фотку и попросил интерпретировать это от себя, я только после узнал что это мем их фандома. #bionicle #lego #art #artwork #creatureconcept #traditionalart #markerdrawing #copicmarkers #copic"
which was based on this fantastic moc: Helryx, the Disturbingly Frail (Canon Contest #1 | The First)

Flickr link: Helryx: Midnight Zone | Based on art by ``full_re_zero`` on … | Flickr

Enjoy!

61 Likes

I would proffer this over Bendy.

6 Likes

I don’t like how the mace has turned into a kaukau staff, but other than that I like it. Probably would’ve voted for it were it in the contest; it manages to combine the look of hoseryx and the shaping of a mata build.

4 Likes

Better than noodle Helryx. I actually like the moc.

3 Likes

This is really awesome.

It’s sort of strange to me how the original Hoseryx was a satire of people’s interpretations of Helryx as extremely thin, but through its own popularity and (inevitable) victory, actually came full circle and made thin, skeleton-like Helryx widely praised.

So far, I think this is the best version of this concept. She looks like an old prototype, and sort of Mata-ish. Nice work!

5 Likes

She is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and she lies between the pit of man’s fears and the summit of his knowledge. She is the dimension of imagination. She is a being which we call the Helryx Midnight Zone .

5 Likes

This is a lot better than the other Helryx MOC you made (the one you submitted to the contest).

3 Likes

I love this! I didn’t see this in the contest but certainly would have fought for it to be a finalist. Did you miss the deadline?

1 Like

@The_Chronicler He didn’t miss it. His entry was a different interpretation of helryx which won the contest. Although I wonder if you, @TheUnderscoredDouble could make a moc like this, why didn’t you make your entry something similar? Ngl this is clearly superior than your other moc what has won the contest, I’m amazed that you actually build both.

3 Likes

Should’ve submitted this to the contest smh

2 Likes

They entered the one that won actually :smile:

1 Like

If that was the original Bendy, I’d definitely vote for her

But I’m more than happy that your hunchback Helryx won, congratulations :blush:

2 Likes

This is cool as hell.

1 Like