Helryx, the Disturbingly Frail (Canon Contest #1 | The First)

I’m working on some fan art of this Helryx moc. I hope you all like it :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Best moc I’ve seen; maybe not the most skilled, but Hoseryx has Heart!

1 Like

What can one do in the face of such power?

1 Like

What about entry #2? It follows the same criteria to a t, just, it has effort and some creativity put into it.

1 Like

Are you saying that #6 isn’t creative or has effort put into it? I think that’s extremely disrespectful to the creator of the MOC. #2 doesn’t fit the frail/thin description very well. In fact the only one that does is #6. While Hoseryx does look somewhat simple, the art around it is going to be mostly what is cannon and Hoseryx has great art made around it already.

@Calyeph Shes literally supposed to have armor. This should be disqualified.

@wumpus Number two is more frail than any other legitimate ones and actually uses unique armor. It fits the prompt. Noodle boi does not.

@Leaf If it fit the criteria it would have armor, this does not.

Edited for Triple Post - BioKnight

It’s suppose to be frail though. The piping could be considered very frail armor

1 Like

This one does not fulfill the criteria. Helryx is supposed to have ancient unfamiliar armor. There is no armor here. That should be a disqualification.

I think you’re being a little subjective here. Hoseryx is minimalistic, sleek, and fits all the criteria. The armor is very minimal but it is indeed there.

1 Like

It has a shield and mace but no armor. The body is just frame and hose.

1 Like

Can the frame not be part of the armor? I’m sorry, but in a lot of the fan art it’s show with the frame representing very minimalist armor. It takes some imagination to apply but please don’t try and assume that you know everything that this moc represents.

I don’t see anything wrong with that knowing that it fits the criteria. Plus anyone can build it, too, which is a nice addition to the build! I sure hope this wins.

1 Like

Both do not seem to have unfamiliar armor, but only one seems “disturbingly frail”. Furthermore, armor is oftentimes used to describe both one’s own body as well as what we consider “armor” in the books. Masks are armor, things literally part of a toa body are armor (like shoulders and knees).

For many, Bendryx fulfills the criteria quite well. 2 on the other hand, does have armor but is not “disturbingly frail”. Finally, Bendryx has inspired a lot more creative art and builds, so 6 has my vote overall.

2 Likes

Im diggin this design bro, being an old toa probably means she would be very basic. Nice minimilistic design.

as an ancient being, i really like the lack of modern technology added onto the design. primitive, leaving much room for accessories and whatnot to be added for creativity if one wanted. personally, i’d keep her as is though, minimal kibble and looking great!

1 Like

doesnt it make sense she would look like this, imagine the first toa ever, its just muscle with some metal slapped on… the great beings experiment

Yep. She looks like something cooked up without any schematics, just a general idea in mind. And the imagination people have had in interpreting how she would look in-universe is great.

1 Like

good stuff hopes it wins. only entry that looks like a canon G1 bionicle

1 Like

You’re joking right? Entry 2 looks like g1.

1 Like

So does Hoseryx.

2 Likes