Helryx, the Disturbingly Frail (Canon Contest #1 | The First)

Have to disagree, as the criteria for what constitutes as a joke can be unclear.

Also I just dislike that people were criticizing “vote rallying” yet were fully willing to rally their own votes. I felt that’s another issue of past the post voting.

2 Likes

Helryx was not on the “First Toa Team” (the original name for Lesovikk’s Team, which was later renamed the Toa Cordak). I’m not sure if they have ever met, but Lesovikk at the very least knows of her, as he was teamed up with Hydraxon when Helryx sent him a message instructing him to draft soldiers for the War against the Makuta.

It is confusing, given that Helryx is the First Toa and the Toa Cordak were the “First Toa Team,” but they’re entirely separate…

4 Likes

She does not follow the moral codex of the Toa, because she thinks killing is sometimes unavoidable to enforce Mata Nui’s will. Therefore she does not join Toa teams.

3 Likes

Fellow biobros, what did we do to deserve such a MOC? I find myself kneeling at the mere sight of it. A true monument to creativity, a vacillating beacon of the potential of LEGO. A peerless and unassailable obelisk of mental acumen.

The Alpha of Awe. The Brute of Brawn. The Cultivator of Class. The Duke of Domination. The Emperor of Eloquence. The Fiercest of Fighters. The Greatest of Glory. The Height of Heroism. The Imperator of Intellectualism. The Jarl of Justice. The King of Knights. The Lord of Loquaciousness. The Master of Mortality. The Naysayer of Noobs. The Overlord of Obituaries. The Prince of Passion. The Que-hagen of Quixote. The Ruler of Ruination. The Sultan of Smite. The Taskmaster of Trembles. The Undertaker of Ubiquity. The Vaeyen of Vociferousness. The Warranter of Weaklings. The Xenophobe of Xenogeny. The Yardmaster of Yesteryear. The Zhar of Zoroastrianism.

ENTER BENDYRYX, THE TRUE CANONONICAL HELRYX

11 Likes

You speak the truth. Truly, she is a masterwork, a creation unmatched. One that inspires creativity in the community, and holds fast against the tide.

4 Likes

Best one yet.

1 Like

I honestly never considered making an account to vote on a canonical bionicle, but the sheer genius that this is… that a bionicle is more than armor or how many pieces it has really leaves up to character development besides “looking cool”. This iteration has my vote. Sorry to anyone who feels otherwise.

1 Like

The reason I like hoseryx so much is because it’s so simple. I feel like with most of the others that part of the reason people posted them is to show off. Hoseryx is so simple to make and enjoy it has merit to it.

i really like the mask choice

I encourage everyone to vote for this one. The sheer amount of creativity it has spawned is amazing, it’s a great entry, and the other entries simply do not fulfill the criteria as well.

Plus others are trying to rally votes against it and it needs all the help it can get.

2 Likes

I love the simplicity. The only one that’s actually canon.

1 Like

This is the only one that looks like it 100% fits the criteria

1 Like

I’m working on some fan art of this Helryx moc. I hope you all like it :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Best moc I’ve seen; maybe not the most skilled, but Hoseryx has Heart!

1 Like

What can one do in the face of such power?

1 Like

What about entry #2? It follows the same criteria to a t, just, it has effort and some creativity put into it.

1 Like

Are you saying that #6 isn’t creative or has effort put into it? I think that’s extremely disrespectful to the creator of the MOC. #2 doesn’t fit the frail/thin description very well. In fact the only one that does is #6. While Hoseryx does look somewhat simple, the art around it is going to be mostly what is cannon and Hoseryx has great art made around it already.

@Calyeph Shes literally supposed to have armor. This should be disqualified.

@wumpus Number two is more frail than any other legitimate ones and actually uses unique armor. It fits the prompt. Noodle boi does not.

@Leaf If it fit the criteria it would have armor, this does not.

Edited for Triple Post - BioKnight

It’s suppose to be frail though. The piping could be considered very frail armor

1 Like

This one does not fulfill the criteria. Helryx is supposed to have ancient unfamiliar armor. There is no armor here. That should be a disqualification.