Hero Factory.com taken down

So yesterday I was bored and decided to play a few games on LEGO.com. as I went to access the site through the LEGO.com products page I saw it was gone. ,after searching it I found nothing…which means…

Hero Factory.com has been taken down.

Now most of you will probably laugh and say good riddance, but I spent so much time on that website, had so much fun and was always waiting for the newest update…it stings…

If anyone has a link to some Biomedia project like site, that would be awesome.

18 Likes

I don’t have a link, but it is a little sad to see. HF was actually pretty cool, despite the hate it got, and it’s always tough to see a LEGO theme fade away. Although, the site could have been down for a while by now–still, sad to finally find that out…

1 Like

RIP.

You had cool games.

1 Like

Welp, if LEGO’s taken down the website it looks like it’s time for TTV to take down the subforum.

/s :wink:

6 Likes

R.I.P in peace HF.com

You will not be missed

/s

mmm whatcha sayyy Might miss rewatching the episodes, but meh.

6 Likes

laughs and says good riddance

6 Likes

Does anyone remember that game when the 3.0 wave came out? The where everyone had big heads? That was my game!

2 Likes
2 Likes

“RIP in peace. Where are they now?” -Exx 2014

1 Like

RIP in RIP in peace. 8/8.

1 Like

Aw man, I used to really like that site :pensive:
rip in piece.

2 Likes

The only good game they had was breakout, and then they removed it.

2 Likes

I take back my earlier statement. That was my game.

Ah, in some way I’m gonna miss it. I loved the games they had.

1 Like

Honestly, like HF as a whole, I can’t say that I’ll miss it.

It wasn’t the worst thing in the world, and I did have some enjoyable times with it, but what good there was is outweighed by a massive onset of distaste and apathy towards it.

I guess it’s a little disappointing to see it go, at least in regards to it being a piece of constraction history, but I really don’t think its absence will hit me too hard.

4 Likes

words cannot describe how indifferent I feel about this…

2 Likes

I’m sorry about that. I personally loved hero factory for the most part (not so much invasion from below or some of brain attack), and so while I was sad to see it go, I was happier to see Bionicle return in CCBS. I personally ho[e hero factory returns if Bionicle ever collapses, as I feel the story still has a lot of potential in the future for some great sets. I miss it in a funny way, and I refuse to think of it as being truly bad, or so much of a dark time for construction. The way I see it, HF was a worthy successor of Bionicle, and G2 is a worthy successor of HF. I feel like even though it objectively wasn’t at all a bad theme, it was like Faramir in Lord of the Rings - after Boromir’s (Bonkle) death, his father (the community) was mad with grief and was so spiteful of Faramir living when Boromir didn’t that he despised Faramir and ignored that he still had a son left, instead wishing Faramir were dead instead. It was only when Faramir “died” that he realized his mistake. It was also like Severous Snape Because in the end, Harry (bonkle community) could never have made it without Snape, who helped him the whole way, but Harry had no idea he was a good guy until when he died, and before that hated him because he thought he was evil and killed Dumbledore (Bonkles) .
This picture explains my bittersweet feelings of acceptance upon its end:

Never forget Hero Factory. It was the Hero we needed at the time, but not the one many wanted. It wasn’t by any means perfect, but I miss it nonetheless.

9 Likes

Not really. It can stay. :wink:

May I join you?

4 Likes

Comments like this are why I feel like as a theme, HF was sort of a tragic hero/ a scapegoat. No matter how good it was, it could never replace Bionicle for many fans, so its existence was simply a reminder of what was lost. I feel like the cards were stacked against HF, and yet it still did a great job.
If you look at it, Bionicle probably wouldn’t have come back if not for HF. HF restored Lego’s faith in Constraction when it needed it. When Bionicle collapsed and Ben Ten failed, I have reason to guess that Lego was tentative about constraction, maybe thinking it wasn’t popular to modern kids. Not only did HF create CCBS to revitalize a system that had gone too far with specialization, it showed that Bionicle still had a chance to be brought back.
I know you may not have liked it, but dismissing it like that’s rather rude, considering what it did.

2 Likes