Hero factory returning? Theory

Invasion from Below is a reboot?

1 Like

@cowardlyzebra Yeah, it was. If you see the episode, listen to how the heroes voices are different.

that doesnt mean its a reboot, transformers characters have had different in the unicron trilogy (such as jetfire or red alert) have had there voice actor change though out the three series and still in the same universe, defferent voices dont necessarily mean reboot

1 Like

@cowardlyzebra Unicron trilogy? Isn’t that from Transformers Armada? But IFB is still a reboot, considering the IFB had nothing to do with the Breakout/Brain attack storyline.

Unicron Trilogy is Transformers Armada, Energon, And Cybertron, Cybertron barely references the other 2 but still takes place after. just because it doesnt mention what happened before does not mean its a different continuity.

I don’t think IFB was a reboot. It was just lazy and rushed, like they had no clue where they were going with HF, so they just threw out the first thing they could think of. And I’m pretty sure the HF episodes changed actors quite a few times.

I just saw all the HF episodes recently (for the first time), and nothing about IFB says “reboot”, it’s just flat out lazy.

Here’s a theory: IFB was so bad because LEGO was too busy bringing back BIONICLE to care about HF. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

@Clone_01354_Productions The only hero’s voice actor who’s changed the most was Evo. In Ordeal of fire, he sound like a very peaceful guy. When we got to Breakout, his voice completely changed.

I think Furno had a few changes too. Not as drastic as Evo, but still noticeable.

But you are right. Most of the characters got a voice change only with the IFB story, and had consistent voice actors before that. But I just don’t think that means it was a reboot.

@Clone_01354_Productions The IFB movie was made by another company + Christian Faber.

1 Like

that doesn’t make it a reboot. it just means they did something different with the movie. the characters were the same ones who fought Von Nebula, stopped the Breakout, and whatever else HF did.

1 Like

@Calvatron In IFB, they had the same heroes in the Brain attack.

Brain attack didn’t sell too well so they decided to skip ahead so that they might be able to save the line.

exactly. it’s not a reboot.

Exactly, HF was doing pretty stellar until BA.

it really all depends on how well bionicle sells for the target audience. if it doesn’t do well with kids even though we are all buying it, then lego will bring back hero factory as it was quite successful with children

I don’t think HF will return. They torpedoed any future potential that series had by massively derailing it with the Brain Attack line; I’m still bitter about it to this day.

IF ANYTHING, it may have a future in the vein of minifigure-based mechs ala the 2014 wave, but I personally doubt it will ever return. :frowning:

-Mesonak

7 Likes

i never bothered catching up with the hero factory lines so could someone explain to me what was so bad about the brain attack line (i mean how was it worse then the normal hero factory stuff)

1 Like

@Toa_Straya To tell the truth, I really don’t know myself. The sets themselves were pretty decent (Besides the horrid Furno XL) and we did get quite a few new pieces. I feel like most were bothered with the story, which could be seen as the worst in the Hero Factory’s history.

So if Hero Factory were to come back, does anybody think it will better than the original?

And if Galidor were to come back… :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, I doubt it will ever return. It wasn’t exactly a cash cow…or a popular theme.

i would actually disagree in that remark. the easy to follow story line and simpler sets with full poseablity made hero factory an instant hit for kids which were the target audience. it may not have been a hit with older fans but because of the connection with the target audience, hero factory made a lot of money

1 Like