Hero Factory Savage Planet Redo

This is something I’ve been coming up with in extension to my system Hero Factory builds from earlier.

Alongside said builds, I had the idea to do my own version of the Savage Planet lineup from the second half of 2011. With it, I decided to include Evo, Surge, and Breez, as well as change up the animal motifs for most of the heroes. With my version, they are as follows:

Stormer: White Lion
Stringer: Bat
Bulk: Elasmotherium
Furno: Eagle
Surge: Electric Eel
Breez: Axolotl
Nex: Octopus
Evo: Hercules Beetle
Rocka: Golden Jackal

I will have to figure out new tools for them, but in the meantime, I have these prepared in case I decide to do more:

20240104_211701

Already, I have some other ideas written down somewhere. Including these:

The above image is a custom helmet I designed for a hypothetical Lucas Valor 3.0. Originally, I was going to do a chameleon for him given his colors, but after sketching out an original “proper” helmet for him, I stumbled upon a happy accident as my WIP looked like a kangaroo, and that’s what I ended up settling upon for him.

The below image is an altered version of Furno 3.0’s helmet designed specifically for Merrick Fortis. In canon, his animal power was not confirmed, but with wings, enhanced vision, and climbing claws as his gear, I figured a woodpecker would be perfect for him.

20240111_151032

Finally, I have also thought about doing a hero team based on the villains and vice-versa. Hopefully, I can get them all done.

9 Likes

Where can one get them

1 Like

I haven’t figured out where to sell the 3D models and the sketches. It might be something I’ll look into, but I have no experience with this sort of thing as of now.

3 Likes

I’d just call it a rhino, but I was going to say the same thing.

I also think a deer would work well for Breez; the helmet is already pretty close.

My concern with some of these is that aquatic animals don’t really fit the “jungle” theme that Savage Planet had, but the choices work well in a more general “animal theme”.

I think a bow would go well with Breez.

1 Like

I gave Bulk the Elasmotherium because I wanted to keep the fact that at least one of the Alpha Team members was themed after an extinct species. Nex was originally a Tiger, but he did have some Smilodon details incorporated into his armor.

I might also do a different style of horns if I ever do another Hero as a deer. I do like the idea of Breez having a bow, though.

2 Likes

You can sell the file on Etsy if you want too. I would get it just for that Rocka helmet.

2 Likes

I definitely could. Like I said, I have no experience with selling digital files, so I’ll have to do a bit of self-education.

2 Likes

What’s that?

1 Like

It’s an extinct species of rhinoceros-like animal covered in fur and possessing a singular large horn at the front of its head.

2 Likes

Okay. I see Furno’s hasn’t changed.

1 Like

Well 'When ever you upload them let me know I’m building a hero factory self moc.

1 Like

where can one get the stud.io pack

1 Like

I haven’t set one up yet. I’m thinking about it, but I haven’t had much time and motivation because I started work not too long ago.

2 Likes

His animal motif is unchanged, but I did alter the helmet to go along with what the rest of the heroes have.

1 Like

Ok, I have this down for a Savage Planet Deer Helmet. I hope you like it.

3 Likes

It reminds me of umarak in a way. But very cool.

1 Like