Heroes of Ilira: A Royal Mess Signups and Discussion Topic (Signups Closed)

hes perfect
literally only missing some sort of printed piece to give an actual face

if it helps anyone I kinda just pictured him like a slightly less blocky version of one of those copper or tuff golems from minecraft (well, still blocky, just more depth/detail). not really married to the idea or anything, but its something

5 Likes

alright first draft
i was thinking about literally just making ganondorf but i decided against it

Name: Rupitydumble, Great Wizard of Iron
Species: Half human, quarter elf, quarter dwarf
Homeland: Somewhere eastern. He forgot.
Skills/Abilities: Magical ability over the element of iron. And not like in the sense of using the word ‘iron’ interchangeably with ‘metal’, he literally only has powers over iron. Like, iron as seen on the Periodic Table.
Personality: A strange old fellow, Rupitydumble has an affinity for alcohol, jumping around, doing cartwheels, and forming small toad statues from pure iron. He is very good at seeing through deception.
Physical Appearance: Picture Gandalf from the ‘70s LotR movies, but with a shorter cloak so that his ankles are showing. The cloak is also as bright a pink as could be achieved in medieval times. Very fit for being an old man.
Backstory: A wizard from the east. 52 years ago, he was sealed away in a magical tomb intended to preserve him for 1000 years. He was to protect the land from an ancient evil predicted in a prophecy once his time had elapsed while entombed. The only issue was, once the entombing sages began their bicentennial check-in, they realized that they had cast the spells incorrectly, and the wizard had aged normally as opposed to being preserved. And he had lost all his memories. Seeing no use for him in this condition, they released him from the spells and left him in the middle of town to fend for himself. From here, he began his travels around the world, as he had nothing better to be doing, and christened himself Rupitydumble.

5 Likes

haha take that cobalt :smirk: good luck making this one nerd

so I could use some clarification as to what halves/quarters of the physicality of these different races he bears. Elves are very tall with pointy ears (and candy-making skills), humans are… human (except for the all-ginger Gretian humans, who have no souls) and dwarves are almost all bald with the few who grow hair devotedly shaving it off.

So he could be a completely normal-looking human, or he could be some freaky short-legged long-torso’d fellow or a long-legged short-torso’d fellow with or without hair which may or may not be ginger. ngl I like the visual of an extremely short man who just compensates for his height with extra long legs

There’s gonna be a lot of inquiries to the GM

So I see he can form things out of iron, but is it free reign for him? if he’s got a clump of iron, can he make it into anything he wants? can he levitate it, for instance?

I wonder how steel would work…

5 Likes

he’s a normal guy with slightly longer than average legs and a slightly longer than average beard
no one knows whether he has head hair or not, his beautiful pink gandalf hat always covers it

basically magnito
he can levitate raw iron with next to no effort, with alloys however much weight the other metal contributes he has to put in the effort to keep it afloat as if he was lifting it
from here he can reform the iron into whatever he wants, and if he wishes, expel any non-iron in the metal

another time, dear child

4 Likes

Sorry, but I’m leaning towards a “no”, due to the magic powers. Seeing as this is in medieval times where iron is probably in a vast majority of metal items, and most people probably have iron in some form on their person, this could prove game breaking in whatever combat scenarios the party may end up in.

And I’ll try to clarify my stance on magic for entries, just so everyone is aware…

I’ve already stated that magic in any form will be largely forbidden, and I’ve also stated why. The only reason I haven’t completely banned magic outright from the entire RP is largely for, I’ll admit, possible plot devices.

However, I left it open in case someone came up with a truly “fascinating” magic power that I’d have no choice but to accept.

While a lot of the powers I’ve seen proposed would fit perfectly well in a fully magic-based RP, I haven’t seen any that would fit in this setting, since the characters with those powers would likely overshadow every other character in combat, among other possible situations.

And while I haven’t gotten around to adding this to the lore section, due to both general procrastination and genuinely having more important things to do, here’s how I imagine magic being viewed in-universe:

For the most part, magicians are viewed by the world-at-large as little more than con-artists, and many likely wouldn’t even possess any real powers. As such, most would probably be outcasts, traveling from town to town either looking for genuine charity to make a living or just some fool they could scam. Likely, there would be some magic-friendly towns that would swear by magicians, while pretty much everyone else would (PG) swear at them.

And I still hate typing things like this on my phone…

5 Likes

how about tin instead

2 Likes

I have a feeling it’ll get denied for similar reasons.

Keep in mind, both of these magical powers have been focused on a malleable material with no limitations other than availability, and I suspect your options would eventually be lead (heh) to something that is so absent from the rp it defeats the purpose of having magic in the first place.

Rather than trying to increase the availability handicap, you might want to try a different approach - something with incredibly high availability handicapped in another department. Possible ideas might run along the lines of magical control of potatoes, something relatively common, but be limited to what can be done with them - no levitation, only movement. Very useful when a cart full of potatoes is nearby, letting you smash through foes with a tidal wave of starch and calories, or when you need to scale a room (just roll a potato along the ceiling) or trip an opponent on a loose potato. Stuff like that.

Keep in mind I haven’t run these by cobalt and he is chronically insane so I have no idea what he will think of these

6 Likes

no, stop.

Im having flashbacks now

4 Likes

not sure why, but all the better

7 Likes

My boy is perfect.

4 Likes

Just realized we passed the six month anniversary of the signups!

my suffering is endless

6 Likes

i like this
@TheCobaltCorsair thoughts?

4 Likes

What if there actually is a real Nigerian prince who just wants to share his wealth with the world, but everyone thinks he’s just another scammer?

What? Oh, you want relevant thoughts? Too bad, this is me we’re talking about.

Sorry about the delayed answer. Yeah, considering root vegetable-based magic was one of my examples in the signups, potato powers like Ghid suggested should work.

5 Likes

how close for lore?

2 Likes

I would prefer you not call me out like that

@GoodGuy2006 make sure to edit the potato magic into the signup so it can get approved

4 Likes

oh yeah of course
i just sorta
y’know
forgot

3 Likes

I’m getting to work on it now. Hopefully I’ll be able to get most of it done over the weekend. I’ve also decided that I’ll delay my prequel story to launch the RP sooner, since the lore should do enough to set the tone for the world.

When you finish your entry, provided everything looks good, I’ll close the signups unless a certain @Atobe_Brick plans to finish working on an entry… coughcoughwinkwinknudgenudge

5 Likes

:eye: :eye:

3 Likes

gimme a break i’m visiting detroit rock city

5 Likes

You mean hell?

4 Likes