HeroFebruary: Burnpit (Syndication of Crime)

IMG_1503a

“You’re going to want insurance for this.” – Burnpit

“Heroes! We just got a call of someone burning down rainforest on Junglazon! Get refitted for fire control and get out there!”

Hero Briefing:

Someone out there has decided that the Hero Factory doesn’t have enough crime to deal with already! They have created a syndicated series of villains, causing crimes across the galaxy. While the Recon Teams work on figuring out who caused this, we need you to stop these creeps of the week!

And freak of this week is calling himself Burnpit, a serial arsonist. Businesses, farms, military complexes, forest, used cars parking lots, personal homes - you name it, he’s probably burned it. Though he only uses a simplistic flamethrower, he has plenty of tricks hiding up his arms. Local footage has show him spewing toxic gas and throwing fireballs when he loses his flamethrower. So don’t let your guard down when he’s disarmed. Use plenty of foam and ice to incapacitate.

General Body:

Designers Notes: And if you wanted a better look of the front…

Front without Flamethrower:

…plus something extra. I was going to delete it, but figured someone might get a chuckle.

funny angle

And quick questions for all, does his head look like a duck to you? A couple of family members thinks he looks like a duck, so I’m curious. I was thinking more Pikmin with a long nose, but eh.

But other than that, yeah, that’s my build for HeroFebruary this year. While there might be other HF builds in the work for this month that have yet to be posted, I am quite disappointed by the lack of MOCs for it. So if you agree and would like to do more, then I have a challenge for you!

HeroFebruary - Syndication of Crime!

Build a villain that performs specifics types of crime and/or a Hero to stop them! If you need some ideas, here’s a list of some criminals/crimes you could do:

Arsonist - There can always be more pyromaniacs.
Bandit
Cat Burglar - Or regular
Highwayman
Carjacker - Bonus points if they are a car jack themselves.
Poacher - Illegal big game hunters, bee thieves, exotic pet raisers, etc.
Buncher - Illegal stray catchers to sell for lab experiments.
Hacker
Gangster
Bootlegger
Counterfeiter
Pickpocket/Fingersmith
Heister
Crime Lord
Illegal Dealer
Air Pirate
Biblioklept - Book thief, never returns library books
Trespasser
Outlaw
Smuggler
Henchman/Thug
Evil/Mad Genius
Shoplifter
Scammer
Rustler
Safecracker
Jaywalker
Pharaoh of the Pyramid Scheme
Chop Shop dude
etc.

And if you do base on this prompt, include that they are part of the Syndication of Crime either in the title or description.

Happy HF building!

#herofebruary

23 Likes

looks cool

3 Likes

Love the flamethrower weapon, and the use use of the Technic pneumatic tubes is very clever. Also, thanks a lot for the Villain prompts! I’ll surely use at least one of those ideas myself!

5 Likes

@Rhyla416 Thanks!

@LegoDavid Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what you make.

5 Likes

Super cool little build, gotta make sure I build something for this

4 Likes

I can definetley see both of those, but when I first saw him I thought the Ninjago spinner piece was the head with the indentations being eyes :wink:

Speaking of, nice parts usage with the Ninjago spinner piece. Using the most neglected yet perfectly technic compatible pieces seems somewhat of a recurring theme with your creations and I think it’s great

Nice moc overall, I like the bits of story you included, and I’ll be interested in seeing if anyone else joins this fun little impromptu collab

4 Likes

@Eilrach Thanks! Will certainly be glad if you do.

@Atobe_Brick Thanks! Though until a conversation yesterday, I completely forgot it was a Ninjago piece. I associate it with Technic, because I got it off the Technic Ocean Explorer set.

But yeah, that is one of my gimmicks. Not really a good or great builder, but I like to try exploring some of the slightly more unusual stuff and see what I can do with it. Fun challenge and hopefully brings more attention to those parts so someone can do something better with them.

5 Likes

I do see the duck-like features in the head. What parts did you use for that? I recognize the big red part used for the main head, but what’s the little “beak” thing?
Also, the flamethrower on that figure is amazing! I never see pneumatic pieces used on MOCs, so this is a very interesting design!

4 Likes

Thanks! It is this piece:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=18591&idColor=5#T=C&C=5

The smaller pneumatic pieces are more common in MOCs, but you’ll see the tubes here and there. Most likely, the tubes are hidden and have wire in them to give strength and hold bends in the tails of a lot of other builders’ MOCs. Not a trick I’ve employed, because I have enough trouble getting the pneumatic connectors out.

3 Likes

Ah! I see it now. I never would have thought to use those Ninjago pieces in anything, nice touch! Also, concerning pneumatic tubes, I’ve tried to use them before but they were too thick for what I wanted… but I’ll have to try that trick with wires now!

3 Likes

I will not lie it looks like a cartoon character.

4 Likes

I know, that was intentional.

4 Likes