HeroFebruary: Promoted to Villainy

Apologies for the darker than normal photos, I didn’t realize how dark they were until later. This issue should be resolved next time I have something built.

Even in the far-spread artificial life of this galaxy, there is still demand for machines with lesser minds. With their simplicity comes weaker security and a greater ease for villains to corrupt for their vile deeds. Yet this is often not a concern, even for the Hero Factory, as such drones are both easily destroyed and replaced. But on rare occasions there are drones which survive and upgrade to stand above the rest.

MSD-6231/Strike-Back:
IMG_2243a

Small, agile, and hovering camera drones are incredibly common. From news and surveillance units to the modular scout drones of Hero Factory, they can be found in use by everyone. A few companies have even created larger shell bodies for these drones to integrate with and control. The villain known as Strike-Back utilizes one such shell-body.

Originally one of Hero Factory’s drones, the damage machine was stolen by a criminal before it could be recovered by HF cleanup crews. They repaired it and integrated it into an old wrestling shell-body. However, the old entertainment protocols within the recycled body corrupted the drone units and gave them eccentric personalities. After a very brief and failed attack against the Assembly Tower to free all drones from the enslavement of mindlessness, only the newly christened Strike-Back survived.

Strike-Back is still at large and considered highly dangerous. His frame rivals the strength of warehouse forklift drones and utilizes a pair of saw-claws. The claws are reported to have a short-ranged energy blaster built and has recently obtained a Meteor Blaster.

IMG_2250a

Other poses

IMG_2249a
IMG_2251a
IMG_2252a
IMG_2253a
IMG_2262a
IMG_2263a

General Body:
IMG_2227a
IMG_2234a
IMG_2236a
IMG_2237a
IMG_2241a

Detach for Flight:
IMG_2260a
IMG_2254a

Alts & Extras

IMG_2256a
IMG_2258a
IMG_2259a

IMG_2247a
IMG_2240a

A Look Inside:
IMG_2264a
IMG_2265a
IMG_2266a
IMG_2268a
IMG_2269a
IMG_2270a
IMG_2271a
IMG_2273a
IMG_2274a

Designer’s Notes: This toros was originally built for the MOC below, but I thought the wider shaping of the shoulders looked good enough to be something else. The choice for using Drilldozer’s torso armor was for the neck hole to add the true head, putting it sideways to increase the size profile for a massive false wheel-head. The Star Wars torso cover was for an easy backend to make it solid.

MWB327456/Highroller
IMG_2312a

Labor drones with monowheel bases had been a popular design model for decades across the galaxy. But only for a few decades for each planetary system, as their locomotive platform proved to be difficult to maintain and unstable time and time again. Easy to sabotage, each to tip over; they have so many problems. And as so many abandoned units of this design are spread across the galaxy, it is little surprise they are used in mass by villains as disposable henchmen.

However, one such unit manage to survive their tenure all the way to retirement. This drone, these days known as Highroller, is often found taking his “dog” for a walk in various parks. The public praise him as a grand example to other bots and drones. Using him to tell the story that seemingly worthless machines, even criminal ones, can make it to the good life if they work hard and try. Hero Recon intelligence reports otherwise.

His lavish wealth, perhaps initially started by the credit gift they received at retirement, was not placed in lucky stocks. The old drone runs an underground weapons market, selling a yet to be calculated number of damaging gadgets to villains everywhere. Even his “dog” is a weapon, a specialized yo-yo like piece of tech to crush would be attackers or pull him to safety. Should that fail, his “ornamental” cannon will miraculously be able to fire a massive beam of energy.

The Hero Factory has yet to obtain enough evidence to bring Highroller to justice. May the public one day realize he doesn’t have a processor of gold, only the gilded shell of criminal greed.

General Body:
IMG_2310a
IMG_2313a
IMG_2319a
IMG_2322a
IMG_2324a
IMG_2326a
IMG_2329a
IMG_2332a

Designer’s Notes: The original idea for this guy was that his head would have been the wheelbase. Which he would then rip his head off and hop on the wheel/secret motorized/electric unicycle and ride away. Which is why he and the other guy share the same torso build, as the wide bulky top was to accommodate the massive false head.

But aside from it not working out at a head, it looked better as being the “legs” than a vehicle. And it kind of looked like a yo-yo, so an altered version became his weapon.

CAT#435/Trimbler:
IMG_2300a

Walking tractor drones can be found doing a number of jobs where wheels or hover drones are less preferred. Fetching logs, moving steel I-beams, dredging, and other work involving movements in difficult terrain. Trimbler is one of these kind of units, corrupted by a deforestation villain. Though the villain responsible was caught, Trimbler managed to escape and continues operating on the old master plan. Or perhaps a modified version of their own, as they have yet to rescue the other villain. They have been going from planet to planet, stealing items from various construction and logging zones for an unknown purpose.

Trimbler’s tail, normally equipped with a claw-catch tool to pick up items, was modified to include a molten hot Meteor Blaster. Their optics are known to fire laser beams as well.

General Body:
IMG_2276a
IMG_2279a
IMG_2285a
IMG_2289a
IMG_2290a
IMG_2291a
IMG_2293a
IMG_2296a

Close ups and face shots

IMG_2283a
IMG_2294a

IMG_2278a
IMG_2281a
IMG_2297a
IMG_2298a

Break it Down:
IMG_2301a
IMG_2303a
IMG_2304a
IMG_2306a
IMG_2307a
IMG_2308a

Designer’s Notes: This is an alternate method for the torso the other two use. Rather than an axel with individual balls, decided to try the triple CCBS piece. It had to come further out and was different enough that it changed the swivel torso idea I had. Though what I have pictured above is the one where I forgot to remove one cam from each side to remove the minor stress issue.

I originally wanted it to swivel to make a much smaller toros and do something like Cyclonic R.E.D. Some sort of robot with a wheel base of two or four wheels. He was going to have wheels for feet still, even after it gained six legs, but I liked the scorpion look more. Doubling up the torso for both ends was solely due to how my temporary connection for the axels looked. Thought duplicating it could result in a decent shape.

The spot for the eye-stalks were going to be for either a pair of missile launchers or arms with massive claws. I had a different idea for making the face involving that unused ball on the torso, but testing different launchers resulted in the eyes. I thought it was too cute to remove, so the addon piece eventually got placed to complete the face.

12 Likes