HF MOCs: Delta Beta team(part one)

These are for the heroes and monsters MOC contest, I guess.
I designed them to be more average hero-looking fellows, so nothing hugely special with the build, so much as just them looking good and trying new stuff.
I made my own team. The setting is a war-torn galaxy as hero factory fights the villain factory built using the hero factory plans stolen by black phantom. In this universe, heroes have to kill because of the war.
“The reason we’re delta team instead of something higher is simple. Our job is to kill, and trust me, we are very good at our job. The issue is we all enjoy it a little too much.”
-Alexandra Slayer, team leader

First up, John Cyclone (heavy weapons expert):
“There’s no kill like overkill. Trust me, I’ve tried it, and it’s true.”
Weilding a massive rocket launcher and a shoulder-mounted rapid fire gun, Cyclone believes firmly that utter destruction of the foe is the way to go. His smaller gun deals with lightly armored foes (only really in close quarters), and his launcher is the bane of heavy armor and vehicles. his eyepiece can move up to allow him to lock onto foes.

Next, we have Katy Frost, the sniper.
“Twelve! Thirteen! Fourteen! Fifteen! This is like shooting fish in a barrel!”
One of the best snipers in the factory, Frost savors being able to take out enemy leaders from a distance. She can change the color of her armor to camouflage (not pictured) and almost never misses, even when the target is moving.
I chose to giver her a minimalistic build to convey light armor, but the sniper rifle is custom. I used Kopaka’s mask because the scope enhances the look.

23 Likes

The first one’s great, the second one is okay.

2 Likes

The second one is overly simple, with no back coverage at all. The first one is neat though.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree she’s not great, but I sorta felt like bulking her up wouldn’t look like a more scout-type character.
Funny though, the first guy came from me realizing I don’t build enough green heroes, seeing the stars gresh mask, and deciding I wanted to put midak skyblasters in more MOCs.
I feel like he would be a pretty good set with a few extra parts for his back.

I don’t commonly comment on simplicity, but it makes the MOCs really empty and hollow.

I think a few custom sections to fill out blatant gaps would help tremendously.

1 Like

On just the second one, or first one too?
I thought the first one was fine, though admit Frost is too simple…

1 Like

The first one is solid.

The second one might need some serious work.

1 Like

For some reason I imagine Frost being British
Anyway, the MOCs are good.
I like how Cyclone has a lock on thingy, but I think it would’ve looked better on Frost.
The only con I have with this is the lack of armor.
9.5/10 Needs more Armor

1 Like

Now that I think about it, I kinda like frost being british (or close).
Maybe with the voice of Janey Springs…

I see what you were going for, but I was expecting something along Dynames from Gundam.

I’ve been watching too much Gundam 00

1 Like

Yes you absolutely have :laughing:

I think the concept here was more like a strike team than Celestial Being :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Warning: minor spoilers: @JoeScibelli team Trinity is pretty much a strike force

1 Like

Yeah.
I also have (in progress) a flamethrower guy (whose flamethrower is really massive and was built because I felt like making a massive flamethrower), an assassin with wings (based off corvus corvax from 40k), and some other ideas.

2 Likes

Ehhh

Kinda.

But I think this was more so as a special ops squad, or something of the like.

Let’s not get too off topic.

2 Likes

Yeah :sweat_smile:

Give him 4 flame throwers, two in his shoulders and one in each hand. and make them really excessively big.

2 Likes

Currently, I am leaving for a while, so I can’t do that.
Right now, it’s so big it looks comical (which is the goal) and has as many flame pieces as I can fit, but I like that challenge…
I will try.
(His catchphrase is “be cleansed with heat!”)

2 Likes

It’s times like this I wonder why there are so many Delta teams in HF.

1 Like

People have done other delta teams?
RIP
I just chose it because they aren’t beta material, but they are very good nonetheless.

Rename them the Omega_Tahu team.

/s

In reality, renaming them to a combination of letters, like Delta Beta would probably work.

2 Likes

Gonna do that now.

1 Like