High General Gelhennan, Crown Prince of Ga-Wahi, Herald of Heroes, and Fallen Toa of Water

Brave, strong, handsome, charismatic, heroic: all have been used to describe Gelhennan. Born to a noble Ga-Koran house under a red comet, Gelhennan had always seemed destined for greatness. As a matoran he proved instrumental in uniting Muri-Nui’s armies under one banner to fight the rising Makuta threat, taking his place as one of The Three Great Generals alongside Drevick and Jerochine. When the fist toa stones were found, the prince was the de facto Herald for this new Toaltic Age, unsurprisingly becoming the first of these new toa himself. A beloved leader and beacon of hope on the battlefield, his glory would only continue to rise. Until his death a the hands of his sister. A sister never meant to be. Yes, Gelhennan was called heroic by many, but others whispered of a different man: psychotic, egomaniacal, manipulative, and villainous…

Sorry bout the longer lore blurb/topic as a whole, seeing as he’s the last of my toa I really wanted to go all out on him. Welp, I finally finished my toa team. From a random build I made during a Wombat Combat stream over 2 years ago, to six of my favorite mocs with story and world I never expected expanding as much as it has. To get the elephant out of the room, I’m aware his forearm and foot are the wrong colors; I’ve just had him lying around for so long, and have yet to order new pieces that I decided “screw it, I’ve waited long enough, Imma just post him,” and I’m happy I did. For his build, I wanted something that encapsulated the idea of a hero, general, and king, specifically a regal Arabian naval captain vibe. And I think I succeeded on that front. His leg articulation is pretty limited and not super stable, but you can still get some nice poses out of him. I personally think his crown looks kind of pompous and dumb, but that was kinda the point of it anyway, so I’m glad I threw it in there. His mask is purposely a different color, seeing as it used to belong to an ancient toa of water from epochs past. The personality for this character was greatly inspired by a few Sanderson characters I know, big surprise, namely Adolin, Kelsier, and Jezrien. I also seem to be taking more and more pictures each time I make one of these, but hey, I enjoy doing it. Thanks for viewing, I always love hearing yall’s thoughts! :slight_smile:

For all his brilliance, he never did see it coming.

And for all you wondering what he looks like without the robes, here, enjoy, just know there’s a reason I decided to throw so much cloth on the model.

30 Likes

Ah this moc looks quite good. Lore is interesting, and the robes and weapon builds are really nice. Overall a great looking moc!

1 Like

oh wow
thats kinda awesome

1 Like

This is nice, he looks very heroic but the multiple shades of gold don’t mix very well. Still, i love the weapon designs and the backstory is great!

1 Like

looks fantastic, got quite a lot of character to the build

1 Like

Love the vibe, really fits the character!

1 Like

Thanks guys! As for the different shades of gold, aren’t there only two on him? One for the mask and the rest is peal gold, or is my colorblindness trolling me again.

4 Likes

This design really screams ‘power’
Nicely done!

His sword, shoulder armour, and shin armour are a slightly warmer hue (bricklink calls the color “reddish gold” but it’s so close to pearl gold that it doesn’t detract from the moc’s appearance in my eyes)

Lego does a little trolling

4 Likes