Hilarious Roleplaying Stories

I mean you didn’t do anything during that RP

Better bad writing than no writing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Mind if I chime in?

There’s a Dragon Age campaign that just started and one of the people playing has got a bit of a continuum going with his Apostate Mage, ‘Hans’.

Hans started out as a Bard in a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay where his most notable achievement was getting a Halfling rogue nearly flogged to death for heresy (in fairness, that character was being played by my brother who is often Chaotic Stupid IRL) and had the will to live beaten into him by my character.

Skip forward a year or so and Hans returned in a Firefly campaign I wasn’t in where he cropped up as an alcoholic doctor nicknamed ‘Steady Hands’.

The achievements I’ve heard of include killing someone by taking their pulse and saving someone’s life by replacing a vein or artery with a horse’s trachea.

No, I don’t know the context but I intend to find out.

Moving onto the current campaign (if it turns into that) and ‘Steady Hands’ has migrated to Thedas and is currently a drunken Apostate Mage.

Hasn’t done anything too major yet, except not role abysmally in combat.

Really, the most notable thing going for it is the continuity of the character across settings and systems.

I do have another story that’s actually mine and it involves the time I one-shot a boss monster and broke the GM a little on the inside if anyone is interested.

1 Like

Also, should probably mention to clarify:

Pretty much everyone in that RP had terrible writing, Tregaron was just the silver lining.

Remembers Texxidos’ robotic murderous edgelord bounty hunter

1 Like

W… what?! - I was like one of the top posters in Act III. - Which, looking at it now… is not something to be proud of.

You are not supposed to remember that…

Makuta that could love was the silver lining. :stuck_out_tongue:

/s

there were worse things than that, or an edgelord bounty hunter… or Tregaron… much worse. shudders.

I legit can’t remember a single thing you did

1 Like

Maybe you don’t remember it was me?

I had Buzzle (AKA the Blurr rip-off), I made the Undead invasion in the last days of the act… I kept complaining how underdeveloped it was… You really don’t remember?

I definitely remember two things.
You complaining, and you bringing an edgy undead world out of nowhere, with hardly any explanation, still complaining about my world being underdeveloped.

2 Likes

K guys let’s not get into another stupid debate here. My magic cement ball tells me that things will rapidly spiral out of control.

3 Likes

Anotha’ one, from back when I was still a player:
It was a bright and sunny day in the mountainous town of Alone, and we, being adventurers, had decided to get off our buttocks and kill bad guys, yay! Heading out one of the gates, we walked down the road until we met a guy with a magical staff and a minotaur bodyguard. Now we new that this was a magic staff because it was attracting a large herd of gorps (What do you call a group of gorps? A herd? A gaggle?). Now one of our three heretic dwarves, Tholkenshield Oorin, decide to charge one of the gorps, which is bad because: A. it’s a blob of acid, and B. it’s immune to everything but fire and magic. He fails his Dex roll and is engulfed by a gorp, but luckily has enough strike ranks left to cast his ignite spell and light it on fire, so now he is not only being slowly dissolved, but he’s burning to death as well! Fun! My little dwarven brother runs for the hills as per usual, and our burly human tribesman and last dwarf pull out their swords and starts swinging at the staff guy. I’m a crested dragonewt, which is kind of like a draconic except it’s smaller, weaker, reincarnates, and normally to insane to use as a PC (but I’m a heretic so it’s all okay). I pull out my sling and with a 25% chance actually manage to bop the minotaur on the nose! He, of course, is not happy and cleaves me in half with his broadsword, but my other brother the GM is feeling nice and lets me reincarnate outside my egg in the middle of Alone, from where I rush back out to join the fight, just in time to see Tholkenshield finally die. Screaming his name in vengeance I charge the minotaur with my dagger as the barbarian and dwarf finish off the wizard and then turn aside at the last second to lead the brute in a merry chase towards the town. Suddenly, a wild Horta appears! I jump over it, but the minotaur trips and goes flying, getting his horns stuck in the gate. It’s at this point that Tholkenshield’s player’s new character appears (Orrinf-with-a-silent-F-the-Scottish-Dwarf) and begins to brutally chop the beast to little pieces. We bury the body, and then for some reason sell the staff to the local temple and sell my old body’s skin to a blacksmith for more money than I can carry.

I don’t know if you could tell, but we were rather new to this whole concept of “roleplaying.”

I haven’t done too much roleplaying in my time, so I don’t have many stories to share, but this one time a friend of mine was trying to buy something in a game, but he was one coin short. I loan him a coin, but our friend decides I have to roll to see how successful I am at giving him a coin.

I rolled a one, and ended up dropping my coin into a sewer grate, never to be seen again. :stuck_out_tongue:

My friends were rolling to determine how, ahem , physically attractive a character was, so I stepped in and rolled for personality. :stuck_out_tongue:

she got, like, a three, and we robbed her shop

2 Likes

We all sinned.

1 Like

That was the BE(a)ST part of the RP! I loved that part :smile: Also, I had, like, 16-18 different characters involved in that RP… That wasn’t the S-MART-est idea (Geddit? Cause Self-Moc Actual Roleplay Topic? …nevermind.)

2 Likes

Hey, I played D&D today, which means antics insued. The story I’m about to tell you is very long so I will be omitting talking about the actual dice rolls that led to these things as there were 20+ deception checks made (not an exaggeration).

You see, our party has had some clashes with a group of bandits called the redbrand’s, and had finally decided to go take care of them. We knew they were hiding out in a ruined mansion outside of town, and we had managed to obtain blueprints of the place showing many secret passageways. We devised a plan that most of the party would enter through the back and it would be my job as the bard to go to the front door and cause a distraction.

So I walk up to the front door and find it to be chained shut with a padlock, so I pick the lock only to find that the actual doors are also locked, and I’m attempting to pick that lock I break my lockpicks. It was at this point that i decieded to start banging on the door while loudly yellung “GLASS-STAFF!” The name of the redbrand leader. A few moments later a bugbear pops out of a side door and looks at me in contusion. You see my bard just happens to wear a bright red trench coat, because reasons, and the mark of the redbrand’s is a scarlet cloak, so the bugbear assumed that I was in fact a redbrand. He then yelled at me saying that this was they’re side of the house and that I should know better than to come over here. I replied that I was told to use the big door and that this was the only big door I saw. This put him on guard as apparently, as he then said “redbrands don’t use that door.” Seeing that I may soon not be long for this world, i launch into a flustered tirade about being new, and that apparently the other guys must’ve decided to base me by sending to the wrong door to piss off the goblins. The bugbear chucked and assigned a goblin to lead me through the house to the proper side. I follow the goblin only to be led strait to were my party was hiding in the secret passage which is apparently the normal entrance. Thinking quickly I yell at them saying they’re the ones who told me the wrong door, the goblin doesn’t argue, and goes back about his business.

Now, all of that yelling was sure to attract attention, but rather than stealth, I decide to walk strait through the door and start yelling at them about being hazed. They, seeing that I am better dressed than them, assume that I’m above their pay grade and appologized profusely, asking what I needed. I told them that I was here to see Glass-Staff and they without question lead me past all of the traps (which I proceed to mark) strait to their boss. All the while the party follows about a room behind avoiding all the traps that I marked, and looting the place. I get to Glass-Staff’s room and introduce myself as Raas’Al’Guul and proceed with a long drawn out proposition for him to join my organization called Hydra, where if you cut off one head, two more must take it’s place (thus why there was a position open). Eventually he sees through all my BS and tries to attack, but by that point my party has finished cleaning out the place (of both valuables and enemies) and were right outside the door.

So next time you need to go into an enemy base, get a tour guide!

5 Likes

Yeah, and I remember…

Um, I remember…

I literally can’t remember a single memorable thing I did.

2 Likes

That’s probably the greatest deception I’ve ever heard…:laughing:

1 Like

When he finally caught on that I was full of crap I signaled my party for help by yelling “OUT OF THE DARKNESS, INTO THE LIGHT, HAIL HYDRA!”

5 Likes

Oh boy. - That’s one heck of a memeworthy story @Matanui606 Made me laugh a good bit.

1 Like

Had a D&D session today so more stories to tell!

We were escaping from a giant warzone of a battle, with an almost godlike entity chasing us. like the 30-foot big glowing monster type of threat. He threw a massive javelin at us, to which I automatically responded with “deflect missile”. This means my character caught the flying javelin mid-air, then threw the javelin (that was over twice his size!) back at the entity- killing it instantly. Over 400 points of damage, just because I said two words as a reaction move!

A running joke in our campaign is that anyone who rolls a natural 1 when rolling for perception will see… an interesting rock! Well, it happened again today- only for us to realise that this rock is THE SAME ROCK as all the other times! It’s been following us! The rock then STANDS UP and introduces himself to us! That’s right, our party had a stalker. We call him Spud.

4 Likes

What edition are you playing in? Because in 5e, that’s totally not how that skill works…

3 Likes

I… have no idea. I’ll be honest and say I’m not an expert at this stuff (heck I’m not 100% on how to do combat alone lol) but it was a fun moment nonetheless. I’m thinking the DM just wanted to wrap stuff up as that was just before the end of the session :wink: