Honor Guard Canon Contest #3 Toa Hagah

Sorry for the extremely messy and probably incorrectly formatted post, I literally just got into TTV Boards today. I chose pearl dark gray, pearl gold, and pearl light gray because numerous Lego pieces come in those colors already like the Metru feet of Gaaki and Pouks, the Hordika foot on Bomonga, the drills, Hordika chestplate, and Rode on Pouks, and the Nuva armor on Gaaki. Pouks’s Kopaka mata sword spear tip technically doesn’t come in pearl light gray but you can use a flat silver one if you don’t want to spray paint too many official Lego pieces. I went with metal blue as the last color because of recommendations and there wasn’t much official Lego pieces in other pearl colors outside of the three aforementioned ones. I was considering giving them all Knights Kingdom armor but those aren’t available in Stud.io as of the moment and I wanted to limit myself to 2005 pieces.
Pouks Hordika chestplate breakdown thanks to LesovikkDM
_f000000
Gaaki Nuva chestplate breakdown
_f000000
Bomonga Hordika foot chestplate breakdown

Kualus Pohatu Nuva claw chestplate breakdown

Yes they are all taller than Whenua but shorter than Iruini(Gaaki is 1.4 studs taller than Iruini but that’s only because of the masks of her horn, she uses the same Rahkshi legs and hip height as him)
_f000000

Gaaki’s mask is Mask of Psychometry by Galva - Thingiverse
Pouks’s mask is Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects - Thingiverse, it’s a placeholder mask for a regular Rode same as Axonn’s.
Kualus’s mask is The Noble Legends [MASK PACK #1] by Galva - Thingiverse, it’s a placeholder mask for Tanma’s Noble Miru.
Bomonga’s mask is Kanohi Arthron, Great Mask of Sonar by KhingK - Thingiverse, it’s a placeholder mask for an aquatic Arthron.
m blue kualus pl gray pouks pd gray gaaki p gold bomonga.io - Google Drive stud.io file

9 Likes

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I gave them the wrong eye colors compared to their Toa Metru counterparts because I thought it’d be funny, also no feminine Piraka leg for Gaaki because that’s not a 2005 piece.
Shoot I forgot to put this in
I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: yes

I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: yes

I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: yes

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

pouks looks nice. also by the way you dont need breakdown photos if you submit a studio file pretty sure lol

Your topic is in a wrong category. It should be in “Lego Creations”.

1 Like

swippity swapped the tippity topic to lego creations my fellow giggity gamer

also you should be able to edit your posts with that little pencil lookin icon
and you can delete them with the trash icon

quick, put all that other stuff into the original post so the mods don’t hit you on the back of the hand with a soft ruler

1 Like

Uhm you forgot to actually do it

1 Like

oh

1 Like

Using pieces released until 2005 is an interesting concept that I haven’t seen to much in other entries and particularly the nuva armor fits better on Gaaki which is nice to see.
However, there’s a problem with the hordika armor, that’s why I wanted to give you some advice to improve the connections since I’ve tested it in real life. Try switching the axle 5.5 with stop with an axle 4, that will give you an extra space for another pin in the second slot of the liftarm without affecting the gear function. And the pin 1/2 is on the opposite side, it will collide with the metru torso.
Hopefully, this will help you before the contest starts.

1 Like