Hoods in Constraction

I’m pretty sure anyone who’s seen my MOCs knows my stance on hooded MOCs.

2 Likes

And what if we haven’t Sir Flight?

While I would like to see more hoods in CCBS, I find them somewhat impractical. In System Lego Sets, the minifigures have hard plastic hoods that replace their hair-piece, whereas capes and cloaks are cloth. When I think “hoods in CCBS,” (keeping in mind I didn’t go looking for MOC’s with custom hoods before this) the first thing that comes to my mind is a hemisphere of cloth that you have to take the head off in order to attach/detach, similar to the capes for the Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma CCBS sets. And once a hood is on there, will it naturally stay up? Or will it naturally fall back? Or will it just look awkward? and how will it effect the posability of the set? Will the hood stay in place while I try to move the head, or vice versa? And to quote Var on an earlier podcast when he was discussing the 2015 masks: “I never realized how much I pick up my sets by the head.” That quote applies to me and, to make an educated guess, most of the Bionicle community. Picking up a hooded CCBS figure as we’ve taught ourselves to do could mean that we would accidentally change the way the soft cloth would sit on the figure’s head, and then we’d have to re-pose the hood to look natural. Hoods could add a whole new way to improve CCBS sets, or they could be a detraction.

Again, I would love to see hoods officially implemented into CCBS, if only to answer the questions I posed above. But I doubt it’s a design choice LEGO would make.

3 Likes

I would honestly love to see hoods in CCBS. But at the same time, wouldn’t it be kinda hard to make one?

Guys, we already haaaaave CCBS hoods!
http://www.starwarstoynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/75113-LEGO-Star-Wars-Rey-Head.jpg

16 Likes

I want a cloth hood…

That’s be really nice for some MOC ideas I have…

Just like, an Assassins Creed hood would be cool.

2 Likes

LEGO never made Cloth hoods before, not even for Minifigures. But I wont deny the desire for it is up there.

3 Likes

There never really was a need for hoods, honestly.

In Hero Factory they’re just a bunch of robots so it’s practically unneeded.
In BIONICLE the face is the defining look of the character so it’s weird that you would just cover it up.

1 Like

Hoods dont cover the face, they cover everything around your face (depending on the site of the hood, and that point you can just call it a cloth surrounding your entire head).

For those, sure, if LEGO wants to give hoods to human characters, I don’t see why not.

2 Likes

I dont see why Bionicle characters couldnt have hoods as well. We should not be hoodist against Bionicles.

2 Likes

I feel like cloth hoods should be attempted at the very least.

2 Likes

Didn’t CCBS Kylo Ren have a hood?

I mean considering they wear metal armor and not clothing, then again some G1 sets had capes.

*constraction

Oh and…

Edited title bc it’s relavant to constraction as a whole -NCR_Ranger

2 Likes

I don’t really care about hoods