How can I attract friends into the Bionicle Universe?

Oh man.

To be honest the best way is to just kinda gently guide them towards it and hope that they like that kind of stuff.

Or find something they like that BIONICLE has and show it to them.

5 Likes

I’ll reply, though I’ll see how many results this gains & then choose one.
This topic can still be active when I choose.

Make up your own story, because well… You can do whatever you do with the story.

This did attract my friend to go and play with Bionicles, and he actually said he will go and buy the new Bionicle.

Insinuate that you like it. As much as possible. Maybe show them a video or two that’s “so awesome”. Tell a BIONICLE meme now and then, and tell them where it comes from.

1 Like

I started a conversation about Bionicle at wrestling practice today. I told the kids that it was coming back, and some couldn’t believe it.

Honestly, if your friends aren’t into it, then don’t force it on them. You’ll be like those crazy fanboys who shoves whatever they’re into right up in everyone’s face. Not saying you’ll do that, but persistently trying to get someone to like something doesn’t usually end well. It’s what happened with me and Doctor Who, and Battlestar Galactica.

But, if you refuse to listen to my previous advice, then welcome to…

The Extreme How to Get Your friends Into BIONICLE Step-by-step Guide!!!

Step 1: Use the Wayback Machine to take them to a good BIONICLE website!

Step 2: Have them join the community!

Step 3: Make references to lore so that they want to look it up!

Step 4: Refer them to BS01!

Step 5: Get them to buy a set on Ebay!

Step 6: …

Step 7: Make them watch all the movies!

Step 8: Force them onto BioTube!

Step 9: If they refuse to cooperate, duct tape them to a chair!

Step 10:…!

Step 11: Profit!

13 Likes

Oh… I guess I messed this up. I skipped to Step 9… Whoops.

=P

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/lewajohnson/RANDOM/sig.png

26 Likes

I usually just do Bionicle stuff near my friends and hope that they go “wuts dat”. Then I fill them in on everything.

Instructions unclear. Sold duct-taped friend on ebay. Please send help

18 Likes

Convince them to play MNOG with you. Or invite them over to play with your Bionicles. Or buy a bionicle for them as a present.

I think it’s easier to get into Bionicle as a kid rather than as an adult.

1 Like

I get that reference :stuck_out_tongue:

The only way I can get people interested in Bionicle is by drawing up some epic doodle of Tahu riding some lava.

If it’s bums I know, I try to direct them to the MNOG.

I actually started a conversation about it with a kid I met at this trampoline arena/thing :stuck_out_tongue:

The best way I’ve found to get people in to Bionicle (or at least mataverse Bionicle) Is by first having them read a couple comics (generously provided to us my BMP) and then have them play the MNOG. It really helps people experience Bionicle, which is the only way to truly understand it, it can’t just be told, it has to be experienced.
Sadly this method doesn’t work for people with short attention spans.

2 Likes

The way I did so is through some magic
I dunno what these drawings are about

I don’t know the answer to this question…

…cause I have no friends… :cry:

6 Likes

Unfortunately, there isn’t any way to get 15+ year olds into TOY.
You may love it but it’s still a TOY.
For them it is even toyer TOY.

But seriously, if your friends are teenagers and they didn’t grow with it it’s pointless. If they are kidos (13 or younger) you can try to tell them some C()()L stories.

4 Likes

Correction: no friends that dont like bionicle
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

If they’re not specifically into toys, don’t show them any sets. Just tell them why you enjoy it yourself, be it the setting, characters or the overall story. And don’t get too hyperactive, it’s never credible or interesting. Also, MNOG is gud, abuse it like a cheater.

In the words of TJOmega
“There’s no age limit on fun.”

5 Likes

@Payinku
if you think about it, it’s pretty childish… lore itself isn’t but to get into it you must pass through the sets, which are from plastic and most of teenagers and adults consider it… toys… not really fun for them :confused: