How can you get from Mata Nui to Metru Nui, without going through the gates of Mangaia?

So I am currently writing a fanfic for Bionicle. It’s kind of a prequel to the 2001 storyline. I have encountered a problem though. I need my Main character, Gatanuva, to get to Metru Nui without going through Mangaia. Is that even possible?

2 Likes

There are two ways you could achieve this. He could sail through the Great Barrier in a reverse fashion from how the Toa Metru left Metru Nui to get to Mata Nui in the book Voyage of Fear. He could also navigate the Maze of Shadows, a series of tunnels underneath Mata Nui that lead to Metru Nui. The Toa Metru explored the maze in the book Maze of Shadows.

6 Likes

No, not between Metru-Nui and Mata-Nui anyway. The majority of Mata-Nui’s body was sealed when the islands were formed. Mata-Nui’s body itself is made of a very strong form of protodermis. This is noted when the Great Mine dug down to the very bottom of the island. The exception is areas where the protodermis softened or melted. Such as the protodermis pools in Mangaia which are directly below Ta-Koro’s volcano. Though probably not best to swim in it…

Digga Tunnah
Dig digga Tunnah
Keepa digga never get donnah
Digga Tunnah
Dig digga Tunnah
Quick before the Makuta comes!

Lol, but in all seriousness: I suggest Teleportation if you don’t want to break the lore. How you would implement this is up to you.

3 Likes

Digging through Mata Nui like it’s none of your business would work, other suggestions in this topic also work.

The sea path through the great barrier works up until 2005, when Onewa brought it down.

The maze if shadows works if you can get past all the dangerous Kahi-- I mean Rahi.

The Bohrok tunnels might work.

There’s also teleporting.

Or Toa canister.

Or, and this is a fun one:

Go to the pit, go up through the Cord to Voya Nui, and swim/boat/fly to Mata Nui.

2 Likes

Would be a bit difficult when your TOA of earth has died. Don’t worry, I’ll find a fitting path to Metru Nui

This is a stupid one buuuuuuut :
-go from Mata Nui to the passage in the robot’s foot where in 2010 the Rahkshi came from
-go all the way across the robot until you get to Metru Nui
-congratulations, you have made it.