How Do I Rearrange The Building Palette In Stud.io?

I have recently had to reinstall stud.io, and I’m having issues with the layout that I wasn’t having before.

When I first opened it, the building palette was on the left side of the screen, rather than on the bottom, and I couldn’t find any way to move it to the bottom. I did, however, find the Expand Palette button, which made it fullscreen, and now I can’t find any way to change it back. Hitting the Tab kay makes the palette disappear completely, but I can’t find any way to shrink it, or put it at the bottom of the screen.

When I hover my mouse over the right edge of the palette, it turns into the arrow symbol to squish the palette horizontally, but it doesn’t let me actually drag it.

Does anyone know how to return the building palette to its correct location at the bottom of the screen?

1 Like

Idk what device you are using, but you should be able to go into preferences (Shown here on mac)
Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-23 um 11.03.13
And then under the apperance header:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-23 um 11.03.36
there should be the option to cange the location of the building palette.

1 Like

Yeah, that was it. The crazy thing is, I was even in Appearances before and somehow missed it.

I still had a brief issue where the palette was taking up a majority of the screen with no way to shrink it, but restarting my computer made it go back to normal size.

Thanks.

1 Like