How do you imagine your future?

I would reply to this in depth, but my post would be flagged for containing religious content. So I’ll just say that I personally have a positive hope for the future and I hope you guys can find hope as well, for this world does seem to offer quite the opposite most of the time.

5 Likes

I imagine myself being single living in an apartment and using paper plates and plastic cups. From there I have no clue.

5 Likes

Don’t sell yourself short, man! I’m convinced that anyone can make a difference if they have enough determination. Also,

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
–Rumi

I take that to mean that the first step to changing the world is improving yourself. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I plan to become a paleontologist, or have a career in a relative science. Other than that, I’ll probably write stories in my spare time and sell the longer ones somehow.

And of course I’ll continue to be a fan of lego!

4 Likes

Oh, I already am very good at art. I can keep improving, as well. Trust me, I can build up through the ranks.

Besides, all I would need is a publishing company to publish my graphic novels, and graphic novels sell well to teens and middle-schoolers. Trust me, I can find a way.

Besides, I already have connections to a few artists, anyways…

If that doesn’t work, I might just go into ministry or become a historian.

2 Likes

When I was a kid, I assumed my future would look like this:

8 Likes

So, I see myself getting a scrub-level I.T. job soon/this summer, finishing a certification in Information Technology next year, then finishing a new certification every semester, so-as to move up in the ranks and get to a top-tier position, or at least whatever job I want in the I.T. field. Perhaps I could get a job as LEGO’s I.T. man, so I could see what is in the works and make a few suggestions to the crew? :slight_smile: I’d find a way into a job that could support a family of 4-5 in a comfortable upper-middle class home. Noncanon Sappiness Warning: Proceed with Caution I hope to find “the one” soon, so we can get to know each-other over the next few years, then start a family a few years later. I often feel trapped within myself, so I would love to have that someone that I can let know all my secrets and who will love and understand me no matter what.

6 Likes

I have no idea.

I’ve had this conversation multiple times with the KGR, and the farthest I can plan is maybe four years in the future. I’ll take my GED at 16, build up skills, do work and stuff for two years, and go to college for computer sciences.

How I want my future to go? I want to get through college, and go to Europe. Just wander around there (I actually have a plan, not just wander) and probably settle down somewhere there. I’d work, doing white-hat hacking, or maybe developing AI/robots.

And then there’s a lot of personal stuff that I want to have happen, but I’m 14, and trying to explain the past few months worth of conversations to a bunch of people on the internet will only result in condescendence and some “Awh, that’s cute. BUT you’re also naive.”

SO yeah.

.-.

7 Likes

Awh, that’s cute. BUT you’re also naive. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Gosh dangit Smithy.

4 Likes

Can I pet the young, simple, Gadunka pup? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The future is uncertain. I do not like uncertainty, it scares me.

The future is scary.

8 Likes

waitwaitwait how old are you :|

(roughly)

1 Like

For anonimity, I’ll just say that I’m in college.

1 Like

woooooow okay

I always miss everyone’s ages, while everyone also seems to miss mine

1 Like

Chro is nine. It’s confirmed.

5 Likes

miss mine
not nine, you three-year-old

3 Likes

I’m going to work at Lego.

I’m already planning to get a summer job at the Lego Store.

For future reference, I’m 16.

1 Like

What are you implying? Lol

1 Like

implying intense surprise

1 Like