How do you imagine your future?

So, as I was deep in thought( be proud of me, this is rare :stuck_out_tongue:), I wondered how the world and myself would be different in the future and no, I don’t mean crazy amazing tech future,i mean you in general. For instance, I was watching a movie about time travel, and I thought about myself being a dying 98 yr old me. It was a weird thought, and it kinda made me sick for a second, as me being young, I always imagined myself as a young me forever. It also made me think of what does happen after you go? all of this hit me at once, so I figured i’d ask you guys. a bit of food for thought…

5 Likes

Everything is chrome in the future.

21 Likes

what I never understood about this episode

Why are the people not chrome.

9 Likes

I don’t like thinking about the future because for all I know it’s death…

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

I imagine myself being happy with my life.

3 Likes

I imagine myself writing comics or graphic novels in the future.

5 Likes

Are you sure you’ve got what it takes? Any job in the arts (drawing, painting, etc) is pretty hard to find (at least in my area), let alone build a living off of. You either have to have the right connections with people who are already involved in the field, find a good comic publishing company who is willing to take you in, or be very lucky…

1 Like

I’ll be an AFOL. That’s good enough for me. :smiley:

8 Likes

I knew that was coming…

2 Likes

Unless you were a bad person, people go to your funeral, they’re sad for a time, they remember you, and someday some undefined time in the future, they try to use cloning tech to make a clone of you.

Oh, you meant what happens to you?

In all seriousness, when I look into my future, I see myself being older.
Yep, I don’t worry about the future a whole lot.

3 Likes

I’ll have a go on architechture and psychology and see what happens.

Also, I will start collecting blurays. It’s hard for me to stream anything legally, so the best alternative is to watch everything regardless of its legality and throw money at the shows I like.

2 Likes

I will hopefully be studying biochemistry at university come September. Beyond that I really can’t say, but I’m definitely getting myself a dog. Yeah, definitely a dog.

1 Like

dead-end

3 Likes

I hope to become a science fiction writer in the near future, as I am currently working on a chapter book and OPERATION VINDICTA.

Entropy.

And maybe some good stuff in pockets of the world.

2 Likes

A sleazy car salesman.
http://www.longtailalliance.com//wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sleazy-car-salesman.jpg

12 Likes

I’m in school to be a Video Editor right now, so there’s that. I also want to have my own animation studio sometime down the road.

And I really want to start making Vocaloid songs when I actually have the free time.

1 Like

I don’t really know right now. Call me pretentious, but I want to do something that changes the world for the better, if only a tiny bit. But I haven’t decided just exactly how to go about that, though I’m considering being an author or independent filmmaker. I’ll probably try starting my own business first, though, so that I have a reliable means to support myself, and perhaps a family if I’m lucky.

3 Likes

so did I
but I’ve decided that I lack the means to make anything happen so

wasted potential hooooo

3 Likes