How Fast Can The Kakama Go?

The Mask Of Speed is pretty self-explanatory-it allows its wearer to basically become The Flash. But was it ever said exactly how fast the Kakama could make its wearer go? Could they break the sound barrier? And if the theory that travelling super-fast can allow you to travel in time is true, then could a Kakama-wearer do that?

4 Likes

There’s no defined speed cap, I don’t believe, but moving at the speed of light to travel through time seems unreasonable.

5 Likes

The specific speed was purposely kept vague according to Greg.

1 Like

Photok gave Pohatu the power of light speed, so the Kakama Nuva is definitely slower than light.

1 Like

I don’t know about its top speed, but I’m pretty sure it can break the sound barrier.

In Tale Of The Toa, Pohatu is able to run from Po-Koro to the base of Mount Ihu extremely quickly; reading the book makes it seem like just a few seconds, while BS01 only says “under a minute”.

We know from Makuta’s Guide To The Universe that Mata Nui is 486 km from tip to tip, and the distance from Po-Koro to Mount Ihu is approximately a sixth of that distance; let’s lowball it and say he only ran 75 km.

Even with the most conservative estimate of 75 km in 60 seconds, Pohatu ran at an average speed of 4500 km/h, which is more than 3 times faster than the speed of sound (1234.8 km/h).

13 Likes

Impressive math

1 Like