Makuta and Toa speed?

Hello everyone! I am curious, how fast are Makuta and Toa? I’m thinking in terms of reflexes and also in terms of say, running speed. Also I’m saying without the help of mask powers such as Pohatu’s. Thank you for your time!

2 Likes

I feel that with Makuta at least such an anwser would be highly dependent upon the form the Makuta in question is taking at the time, what with their being shapeshifters and all.

3 Likes

That’s a very good point actually, for sanity’s sake, we will just go with their standard set forms that we have seen them in I think haha.

1 Like

Well if we Take Teridax’s movie appearances, its pretty obvious that in that body he’s quite agile what with being able to jump oh 20ish feet and keep up with the smaller, lighter Toa in a pretty intense kohli game, though he doesn’t seem to be the fastest walker.

2 Likes

That’s actually a very good reference I didn’t even think about hahaha. He moves pretty good in that movie, perhaps he just likes to walk slow for dramatic effect lol.

1 Like

Probably depends on the Toa/Makuta, for instance I’m guessing warriors like Antroz and Icarax might be faster than scientists like Mutran and Chirox, and I’m guessing Lewa might be more nimble/quick than Onua, etc

3 Likes

That makes sense, I suppose it would indeed come down to the individual.

2 Likes

This is an excerpt from a doc I wrote detailing the advantages and disadvantages of various Kanohi:

Assuming he ran a straight-line distance from Po-Koro to the closest portion of Ko-Wahi, Pohatu covered 55 miles (88.57 km) in less than one minute.

This is based on information from the Kakama article on BS01, which is itself derived from Tale of the Toa. The distance was calculated using Mata Nui’s canon length combined with my calculating the distance based on the number of pixels in a provided map of Mata Nui.

“Under one minute” isn’t really specified in the text — it just says that everything happens “after a moment” and seems to actually imply that Pohatu ran past Ko-Wahi all the way to Le-Wahi on the other side of the island before turning back to Ko-Wahi. For simplicity’s sake, I’m assuming that he ran the minimum possible distance for the maximum time that I’d allocate “a moment” — one minute. We don’t know exactly how much faster the Kakama makes the user, but if the speed increase is ten times faster, Pohatu can normally run 5.5 miles per minute.

1 Like

I did my own version of these calculations once, and I got similar numbers:

It’s also worth noting that he ran to Mount Ihu, not just the closest point of Ko-Wahi.

It has been stated that the Kakama gives an absolute speed boost, rather than a multiplier, though the magnitude of that boost remains unknown:

3 Likes