How has Bionicle impacted your life?

tbh I forgot why/how Bionicle impacted my life but when I was introduced to it, I instantly fell in love with it.

1 Like

Well here goes nothing.

In 2007-ish I was watching movies with my family and one of the movies had the trailer for MoL in itā€¦I loved it! and I also got a happy meal toy that same year. it was Mantax and I loved him to no end. so in 2008 I found LEGO.com one day and later I found Bionicle.com as well. I played the games for that year and had a blast. then 2009 cameā€¦ this year was awesome for me. I could not stop watching the teasers for TLR and the Mata Nui rising videos. I loved looking in the lego catalog at all the sets and I loved TLR when it came out (never saw it till 2010) and for me it was awesome! I did not know the story or most of the names until I saw the movie. but I loved the heck out of itā€¦then one day in 2010. I got the lego club magizine and I saw Hero Factory. at first I was kinda eh. but then I read the promo and I got HOOKED! one day I went to the store and I wanted to get Gresh stars. so I didā€¦but when I got into the car the canā€™s lid was not on right and I pulled it of with ease, so I opened it up and there was a plastic clawā€¦and the golden armor piece. so we took it back and my mom asked if they had any more Bionicles. the lady said that they had a whole box of them in the back. so she got the box and it was full of HERO FACTORY. I went into a digging frenzy and grabbed Furno 1.0 without thinking, so he was my first HF set. my first Bionicle set was Lewa MoJ.

so yea if it was not for Bionicle I would not have gotten into HF and HF made me who I am today,

3 Likes

An interesting story.

Indeed. as such I like the last years of Bionicle the best. because that is MY bionicle.

Waitā€¦ so because you got a Gresh stars that had stolen parts, you went back, and the clerk gave you the opportunity to get a random set from a whole box of sets for free?

Nopeā€¦ I gave the Gresh stars back, and I used the money I would have spent on it to get Furno. sorry if that was unclear.

It gave me a social life. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A lot. I started collecting them since the Hordika/Visorak series and it was my only toy when I was lil kid. I was playing with them at my grandmaā€™s house with my cousin so those are some really nice memories.
I am still collecting them, trying to get sets since the absolute beggining of the story. I will never ever give up on my collection. Never.

Actually, at the beginning i couldnt even stand Bionicle :smiley: My father (also a huge fan of Lego) kinda wanted me to play with it, because in his opinion they were ideal toys for me. But I always refused to buy them. (Canā€™t believe how stupid I was :joy:) Until that one day. I saw Nuju Hordika and I HAD to buy him. (his asymmetrical mask looked darn cool) I immediately fell in love with Bionicle. My father soon regretted everything.:smiley: From this day on I had to buy every new set, I learned everything about the Bionicle Universe (There was a time when i knew the whole matoran alphabet), I showed bionicle to my friends, they became fans too and we made a Bionicle Club (in school we always pretended to be Toas and the teachers were the evil Makuta :joy:). So actually Bionicle was my whole childhood and , oh boy, it was a beautiful childhood! In 5th grade when i went to another school i easily made new friends because there were fans too. :smiley: Bionicle was THE thing here in germany! Even in 8th grade my friends and I went to the local comicshop everyday, because it sold old figures like Onua Nuva. My whole room was full of Bionicle posters and my shelves almost collapsed because i had (and still have) so many sets. Then in 2010 I heard that bionicle got canceled. I was 13 years old at that time but i couldnt help myself. I cried like a little girl and locked myself in the room for a week. :joy: :sweat_smile: i was devastated!
I NEVER accepted Hero Factory as a Bionicle replacement. I never bought a set.
But last year when Bionicle was anounced to come back, the nostalgia hit me. So many beautiful memories, this wonderful time I had thanks to Bionicleā€¦ I just had to start collecting again. :smiley: Since then Iā€™m refreshing my knowledge. I learn so many new things I didnt understand as a child and i know more about Bionicle than ever. Basically Iā€™m totally back in my Bionicle Hype I once had as a kid. I even took my old sets out of the basement and have them back in my new room. Summing all up Iā€™m almost 20 and I still canā€™t let go Bionicle. And i never will, because this love lasts forever :hearts:

4 Likes

You might want to check what your shelves are made out of :stuck_out_tongue:

Ever since 2004/5/6-ish, (I always remember the Piraka as my first sets, but I also had a Vahki and some Nuju Hordika, soooā€¦) Iā€™ve been heavily invested in Bionicle, right now being probably the peak of my involvement. Most of my bedroom is dominated by old bonkle sets and MoCs, and recently Iā€™ve been going on nostalgia trips by rereading some of the old books and playing with/rebuilding old sets.

1 Like

I was exaggerating :wink:

1 Like

bionicle was the lego brand that got me into lego

1 Like

My wallet has become increasingly lighter

2 Likes

It has made sure that I never have enough money in my possession to need a wallet.

1 Like

So,

I was around 7, in a Borders installment in a local mall. On the second floor was the kidā€™s section, but one thing in particular caught my eye:
Strakk.
I knew immediately I had to buy him. Which I did. On later dates I also bought the rest, minus Raanu, Atakus, Gresh, Vorox, Mata Nui, Kiina, Stronius, Gelu, and the Vehicles/Titans. I fell in love with those things. I really liked TLR (at the time).
In 2014, I got back into building LEGO, after watching several reviews nā€™ such of Bonkles. However, most of the pieces were too broken to fully complete a set, so I built my own dudes.

I still build my own dudes today.

1 Like

Buildinā€™ dudes is what I do.

2 Likes