How have your art skills progressed over time?

I just recently figured out how to draw humanoids. After nearly 4 years of doodling…

2 Likes

Well, TBH, I don’t feel I’ve changed much in terms of humans, but robots have improved I guess?

Ripclaw:
(2013)

(Late 2015)

(Early 2016)

Self-Portrait:
(early 2016)

(mid 2016)

(Like, now, basically)

EDIT: Actually, looking back, I think I may have gotten worse at drawing people. :confused:

10 Likes

I can sorta draw a sphere… that’s about it though.
Rip

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Were you using that website, Silk or something?

5 Likes

probably.

Well, here goes nothing. I’ve really changed in the past 4 years. I feel I’ve gotten way better, but I’ll let you guys judge that.

Late 2014

Also, because most people came here because they like Bionicle, I’ll show off two drawing of Skull Warrior and show you guys just how much I’ve improved.

9 Likes

So I’ve been looking at some of my digital drawings and how they’ve progressed over the past couple months since I started making them

Here’s one of the first things I ever did digitally, which is an ARC trooper that I made on August 31st, 2016

And here’s an ARC trooper that I made a couple month later on October 27, 2016

4 Likes

I’ve definitely have gotten better with proportions and faces.

5 Likes

Not sure if ‘‘good’’.

But this is certainly an improvement.

6 Likes

The heads have gotten bigger.

That’s actually really cool to see that progress.[quote=“Kan, post:33, topic:29585”]
But this is certainly an improvement.
[/quote]

it looks so gud

2 Likes

Yeah, the eyes got smaller and the torso got longer.

1 Like

Two years ago, Joshi was drawing Mega Man art by basically Copying stuff by eye or using heavy references, and is in fact ashamed of his old works.

And now he is trying to adapt teh style of Araki Hirohiko and needs less references. But still ain’t too proud (Kopeke drawn a few days ago)

8 Likes

Is that like

JoJopeke or something?

5 Likes

2009?

2015:

29 Likes

Goes from “about twice as good as I am” to “HOLY CRAP THAT’S AMAZING”.
Seriously man, that stuff at the end is spectacular, and it’s all good.

4 Likes

^^^

4 Likes

I really love the style of this one.

9 Likes

Might as well post something.

I mad this around 2013:

This one was made around 2014:

This one was made last week:

And for those of you who were wondering, yes that’s me. I guess you can say this is a semi-face reveal since I’m only seen as my profile image. Overall, I have to say that I’ve improved on my art style. My recent one looks like an improved art-style from the first one. I now find it funny that I still draw myself in the same clothes since the first one. Maybe I’ll post more soon. But don’t count on it.

9 Likes

Oh, I think I found something that can even sum up my art progress over the past few months, looking at how I drew the same MOC-based stand,「Shake Your Foundations」in August

and at the beginning of November

…What are you on about, Love Love Deluxe?
I never heard of such a thing as Love Love Deluxe

As I said I still use references now and then…

6 Likes