How long would you choose to live?

not necessarily, if you budgeted distractions and R&R into that time, you would keep at least most of your sanity,

besides,

we’re all a little bit crazy.

4 Likes

Now this is interesting. Just because a perception of time stops, does that mean time really has stopped? I mean, time is an abstract concept, and nobody really knows if it’s tied to the life of the universe or not, we only know that it’s there. And, because you can’t die of any cause other than it being the time for you to die, does that really mean we die, or do we just go into a sort of limbotic state? The concept of infinity is literally never-ending, so an infinite life means you don’t have a time to die.

3 Likes

time affects you differently depending on how fast you go, so I’m willing to wager it’s connected to space(matter).

also heat-death is the universes energy being spread too thin(gross oversimplification), meaning that even if you didn’t “die” you would be suspended in a lack of energy, so it would be the equivalent to death, as you wouldn’t be able to think, your brain wouldn’t function, the closest comparison I can think of is being frozen to 0K(kelvin).

so either way you(your consciousness) would cease to exist.

2 Likes

This is a simple misunderstanding about what the heat death really is. Because energy can’t be destroyed, it can only be changed. It’s the Law of Conservation of Energy.The heat death of the universe is when the stars run out of usable energy, so they can’t keep on practicing fusion in their cores.

Also, in these rules, you can only die when it is your time to die. If you choose infinity, you can’t die from a lack of energy, you can only die (or be in a coma or anything similar to death) when it is your infinityith birthday. That’s the point here. After the heat death, you may starve for eternity, and go on forever thirsty, you still wouldn’t shut down to that extent.

It’s not a scientifically accurate thought experiment, but that’s not the point.

4 Likes

well if you throw out the science behind it then it’s pointless to debate,

though in the real world, at the least you’d freeze, that would cause a coma, therefore my argument stands,
that after the heat death you wouldn’t be able to function,

also it didn’t say that it didn’t obey scientific principals of matter, or that you couldn’t go into a coma.

You’d be in perpetual agony sure, but with the instant healing factor, I’m gonna go with no.

Plus it does say hat you can’t die, and having no energy to function on is indistinguishable from death and is, in fact, a cause of death. So again, not happening in this scenario.

SQRT(-1)

MATH ERROR
[AC]  :CANCEL
[◄][►]:GOTO

What rules?

3 Likes

Entering an unreal number =… death I guess…

Destroy the heathen!

As long as it takes for BioCraft to release.

10 Likes

You see, Pewdiepie is mildly annoying, but he isn’t too bad in general. The true problem is his fanbase. I hope that all of them answer their current age into the calculator.

4 Likes

I honestly have no idea.

On the one hand, there’s the sickness and ailment immunity. I don’t want to live abnormally long (unlike some) because I know my body will wither and die, and I’d prefer to be dead before I get to the point that I can’t move or see. This scenario takes away from that. On the other hand, going beyond my normal lifespan might have some detrimental psychological effects. That and the lack of ability to reproduce – but then again, as I explained, I’m perfectly fine being single.

I think I would go simply go the length of a normal lifespan – 80 years or so, which is 60 years for me, without suffering ill effects in old age.

Notice the note said nothing about being raptured, or the apocalypse killing us all

2 Likes

The best part is, they’d only have to push one button.

2 Likes

It’s not the actual reproduction I care about so much as the process involved, which is quite enjoyable. (So sue me. The actual reproduction part can wait a decade or two.) Problem is, that tends to go away along with your youth as well. <.<

I’d flip whatever object was convenient to decide. Then I’d either enter a 1 followed by two random numbers, or leave the calculator blank and try to destroy it just for the fun of it.

Hey, what happens if you break the calculator?

5 Likes

No matter how long you choose, you’ll always think time is going fast, it will just step up a bit, like 24 hours will feel like 24 mins etc, ect. It’s all to do with bodily processes like respiration.

4 Likes

I’ll live forever, even though all of my friends and family will die, and I will also, alongside the Universe.Just think about the possibilities.

It’s possible that you’ll be infinitely bored.

3 Likes

It’s also possible that you won’t when you have other infinity friends around. =P

@anon68675807, you must join me in the infinity club.

2 Likes

Oops, I meant to press 99 and I hit 00. D:

1 Like

I still don’t understand why people want to live forever…
what exactly will you do during the end of the universe?
I guess it’s the good ol saying…
Curosity killed the cat…
Also, Infinite friends is impossible, the extinction of the human race will happen before the unverse ends…and with a couple million? Years to go…but what do I know, I’m a talkin potato
Well, infinate friends as in making new friends along the universe long life you have…but do u srsly want to be stuck with @Risebell ?

3 Likes