How much of G1's story have you seen? [Survey]

So I made this survey because I have a few friends that are fans of Bionicle, but haven’t had access to the whole story and lore, especially when it comes to the more obscure forms of media.

With this, I hope to find what parts of the story the community has the least knowledge of. The survey should take about 5-10 minutes.

19 Likes

Took the survey, made me realize how much of my knowledge I owe to the fandom.

8 Likes

My only problem is a lack of money and Internet use, really all of my knowledge comes from the books and movies and a couple sites/fan stuff/research, I did know about pretty much all the media types but don’t fully have the way to get access to all of them.

Great survey. I really need to restart my search to own all of the Bionicle books.

1 Like

Great survey! It made me realize that I know quite a lot about Bionicle.

Just a side note: I’m not sure if there even are 250 Bionicle sets in total, not counting G2, playsets and promotional thingies (according to Eljay’s recap reviews there are 221), but since I have every single set myself I put 250+.

2 Likes

I may have miscounted, but I went by BS01’s set list.

But then again, I would count duplicates as separate sets, so I would assume the ones that put 250+ are the ones that get multiples for MOC purposes.

4 Likes

While this survey is definitely very helpful, I think you should also do another survey about Bionicle’s lore. Lots of people haven’t been able to access any Bionicle media besides something like BSO1, and a test of how much they know about each year would also be very informative.

3 Likes

Oh, ok. In this case I should have put the 150-250 one, but I guess it’s too late now :stuck_out_tongue:.

That survey was actually pretty fun. I realize that most of the story I don’t know about is from the novels.

1 Like

I had to put in the first just because I have literally no way of telling how many full sets I own, pretty much all of them are in pieces and that’s also how I got most of them, in pieces from thrift stores, value village and brick link/eBay/Amazon/you get it.

1 Like

That’s a good idea. I’ll probably do it in a few days, so I don’t oversaturate the forum.

2 Likes

I have seen/read less than I thought I had. Turns out almost everything I know is from browsing BioSector01.

2 Likes

I’ve spent over four years of spare time reading up on everything there is to Bionicle, including buying whatever I could. I still haven’t read the majority of the books, I own very few and the rest I got from the library. Thanks to BioSector01 there’s nothing I don’t know about Bionicle, but it’s about half and half since I got most of the information on 2006-10 from firsthand experience.

2 Likes

I’m genuinely impressed by the thorough and frankly incredible amount of research here, dude. Thank you for running this; it’s rare to see a fan who’s interested in actual demographics and such.

I’m glad to say that I’ve read every single Bionicle comic ever published, including Ignition #0 and #12.5.

However, I have not read any of the short stories. Frankly, I had no clue that there were more than three or four. Looks like I got a busy weekend ahead of me. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks for the praise! I scoured BS01 for the info. The short stories are interesting because some of the stories are fan-made that were canonized.

I realize I actually made a mistake- I forgot Birth Of A Dark Hunter in the survey. Make sure to read that one as well, it’s one of my favorites.

2 Likes

I’ve read all the books, but only because I bought half of them in the last couple months.

1 Like

I’m well aware of a majority of the lore, though this survey has got me interested in reading the books again.

After taking the questionnaire, I have come to realize that I have spent a lot of my life learning and reading up on Bionicle and talking about it with my cousin and friends. And despite my mom’s and this one friend’s thoughts on Bionicle and my liking of it, I am not sorry at all that I know this much about Bionicle and how many years I have spent devoted to this child’s toyline. I am not sorry at all.

Seriously my mom didn’t like Bionicle and thought they were scary and disturbing and my friend didn’t like Bionicle and didn’t like that I liked it and wanted me to stop liking it.

3 Likes

I love how I’ve read more of the comics than the books. Luckily I filled in the gaps with BioSector01.

1 Like

tfw you’ve read all the comics but none of the books.

5 Likes