How Will Lego Get The Bionicle Story Across?

MNOG, TV, Movies, ect.

Mobile is the futureā€¦as long as itā€™s not just arcade-style games.

1 Like

Basing this of how LEGO has handled recent themes, I believe it will be throught a TV show. HF had books (which were better than the show IMO) but they were discontinued a while back. Ninjago, Chima and HF have all had TV shows and Iā€™m sure itā€™ll continue over. After watching some of the HF shows, I have almost zero confidence in the show being anything spectacular, however, iā€™ve heard Ninjago has an excellent show, and itā€™s story has similar themes to BIONICLE, so thereā€™s some hope there.

-Star

4 Likes

the tahu on the top art of the box looks like it would be used in a tv show.

1 Like

MNOG cannot exist, mata nui (island) was destroyed. it will be SMOG (Spherus Magna Online Game) I want a TV show for BIONICLE, but not like Chima. It was a chore to finish even one episode of that crap.

I canā€™t wait for Desolation of SM:OG

5 Likes

LOL wow I knew that SMOG sounded familiar!!!

Presumably TV show, comics, online/mobile games (though probably nothing like MNOG, unfortunately) and HOPEFULLY graphic novels/books.

-Mesonak

3 Likes

A mobile game seems likely and Iā€™m surprised that Lego hasnā€™t tried that yet. If not a mobile game then a TV show would probably be their marketing tool

Mobile is the future as is microtransactions.

Well, I for one would like a Ninjago/Chima (with better writing)/Hero Factory-esque TV show.
Although one or more Transformers-esque big-budget blockbuster movies would be Awesome with a capital ā€œAā€.

1 Like

Yes as most are saying, lego will most likely use interactive online and Mobile games. They may also make a movie like hero factory and make them into episodes as well. They may have a label on the box that gives a taste of what the characters are likeā€¦maybe. But defiantly they will most likely make the story on the site itself through the bio of the characters and online short animations.

Reboooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!

I think there should comics again, as well as things like mnog because now that the last mnog game was in 2003 and now that the internet is more than definitely a part of our daily lives it would be very appropriate for lego to make a move like that on the internet. or maybe on the inside of the canister there is a paragraph about the character on the back of the instruction booklet that tells about the character and the world with a small picture of them completed on the side of the paragraph. These were just a few ideas I had.

BRUTAKA USES HIS MASK OF DIMENTIONAL GATES, AND TRANSPORTS ALL BIONICLES INTO THE WORLD OF HF, THEN, HE ENTERS THE WORLD OF CHIMA AND LINKS THOSE THREE WORLDS TOGETHER, AND THEN HE DIES BECAUSE HE IS ALLERGIC TO SPIDERS. darn brutaka. he will be the reason i have to buy hf and chima sets

@Crunchy Itā€™s not pronounced ā€˜Sm-AH-gā€™ like the word smog. Itā€™s pronounced ā€˜Sm-ou-gā€™ like in ā€˜ourā€™ or trout. Smaug people. Say it right.

For the story, it will most likely be a TV show. That is how LEGO is doing all their major themes right now. I would really like something like The Clone Wars, where it starts off with a movie and goes into a TV show but thatā€™s just hopeful speculation.

Edited for double post- Star

A slightly more accurate analogy would be ā€œHauā€.
'Cos everyone knows that thatā€™s pronounced (HOW)

Yeah I guess. Still. My correction stands.

Just so long as Universal Studios is not involved.
The Legend Reborn was complete crap next to the previous three films.

Hail the artistic CGI! Down with bad motion capture!

obviously it will be an app. applego is already in the process of taking over the world, so basically, an app will be made, getting the story across, and in the story there will be subliminal messages in the app, to get people to work for applego, and rule the universe.