How will you retell the legend?

This is why I hope we get a book that gives us the entire BIONICLE storyline - great for bedtime stories :stuck_out_tongue:

That, or I can just read my children the novels in order.

Or you could just write the storyline.

1 Like

Ooh, good pointā€¦

1 Like

i know this is kinda out-of-place, but do you even think your kids would like to hear the stories? because just because we loved something that doesnā€™t mean our kids will love it aswell. theyā€™ll find something on their own and forget bionicle.
let me give you an example.
when my father was young he played with ā€œfischer technikā€ a german toy which is very similar to lego technic.
and at some point he decided to buy all the old fischer-sets for me. i liked them, i have to say, but when i discovered lego i didnā€™t really care about fischer technik anymore. i went from fischer to bionicle and maybe our childs will go from bionicle to something new (which we will propably hate :wink: cause as Var said: humans donā€™t react well to change)

5 Likes

I did think about this, and I do agree, our kids will definitely move on to something they love, but I also think that for a while our kids will in fact listen and read and play with BIONICLE. Iā€™m not going to push it on them if they donā€™t like it, but theyā€™'ll still be exposed to it through knowing me. Itā€™s really just, to me anyway, explaining what you love and why you love it. If they love it too, then thatā€™s great. If not, then they canā€™t use my pieces.

1 Like

In the time before time, on the mysterious island of mata nuiā€¦

Well I would have to have all the comics (almost done with that), all the books, let them play MNOG and see what they think, although I would probably tell with some things being de-cononized that were stupid cough cough romance cough cough

1 Like

Itā€™s simple: I wonā€™t.

Someone recently asked me to tell them about BIONICLE. Granted, it was a joke, but when questioned why, he said he liked robots. I explained that was a common misconception, and that they werenā€™t really robots, but then the conversation ended.

A kid was staying at my house today and he apparently knew about the old Bionicle because his school had several of the scholastic novels, he talked a lot about Tales of the masks (which happened to be my favorite). He was trying to explain it to me but he had trouble pronouncing the names such as iconic characters ā€œGail, Leha, and Thau.ā€ He also didnā€™t know what most of the characters looked like because all he had to go off of were the book covers. His favorite character was vakama because of the scene were he outsmarts the rahi nui, but he laughed when I showed him what he really looked like as a turaga. So I put on Netflix Mask of light for him. Then we broke out my old sets and I answered a bunch of questions he had. The whole day he was asking me if I had Tahu, his other favorite. He tried to make a deal where he would trade Tahu for some small little ball he had. Of course the only Tahu he knew about was Tahu Nuva. In the end I actually did give it to him (you can crucify me in the reply section) along with one of the scholastic Bionicle collections. Now if he knew about the new waveā€¦that might have been a different story.

9 Likes

Good guy Krana.

6 Likes

If i have a son i would say the Legend by the very beginning from 2001 to 2005 im not gonna tell him of 2006 to 2010 till he is 10 for reasons we all know.

The same way Im retelling Star Wars to someone, from the very first episode that was released then the newer ones.

if it was me well I would show my kids this video first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gsl9X6tMEE then if they were really interested I would go on to tell them the story in depth then show them the 2015 version

Getting the BIONICLE: Gen 1 story bible would be really neat and helpful - not to mention help us figure out how everything actually ended :stuck_out_tongue: . I doubt itā€™s very likely, but itā€™s food for thought.

1 Like

If you mean the original ending before the line was cancelled, maybe. If you mean the resolution of the whole Velika/Kabrua/Red Star/Marendar story, Greg made that up as he went along, so thereā€™s no story bible for it.

1 Like

Honestly, I was kinda thinking of both :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, Iā€™d begin on the island of Mata Nui, with the arrival of six heroes with one destiny. Iā€™d probably spend the most time there, as I feel that was the best section of the Bionicle story. Iā€™d go over those three years, then explain the 2004 story in the same level of depth. Iā€™d only briefly cover 05. 2006 and onward would be a bit different, since the tone ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  still sort of irks me. Iā€™m not sure how Iā€™d tell that section of the tale, but it would probably be different to the official versionā€¦