How would I go about modelling a bonkle mask or piece?

Dear mask makers and 3D modellers alike,
I finally got a computer that can run blender and I wanted to ask you: have you got any tips that could help me model my first mask? How would I start? Maybe you want to share the process with us peasents so that I (and the other people that are interested) can start as soon as possible and pimp my bonkles to the next level

(Alsi I think that this is the right category for this post but, if not, just tell me which ia the right one and I’ll move this topic to that)

1 Like

This document should detail just about everything that goes into 3D modeling a mask:

Feel free to ask me questions at any time.

8 Likes

Thank you!

This is marvellous, I’m just starting to look into this myself. Thank you! (and KhingK)

So, I read the whole thing and I noticed that the program used in the document is blender 2.79. Would you suggest using that or should I use the courrent version (2.9)? If so how much of this document is translateable to 2.9?

1 Like

Most of my experience comes from 2.79 so much of the tutorial applies for 2.79. Many of the techniques should be similar in later versions. I would stick to 2.79 since it would be a lot easier for me to offer assistance since I am not too familiar with the later versions.

1 Like