HowTo: MOC Tutorials

I think if they ask how to build the head, they would like to see the internal structure of the head, instead of another picture of the completed build. I can mostly figure out the legs though. It’s mainly the head and the body that I have no clue as to how to build, and what I doubt anyone else will easily be able to replicate.

I show the internal structure of the head in the pic, I’m feeling like you didn’t even click on it.

Ah

Maybe you should mention that in the post…

It is assumed that when you want to see a photo in detail you click it xD

Nah, most of the time the entire picture is displayed.

2 Likes

arms are to long, otherwise good

bought umarak a year ago just so i could use that connection, though i haven’t found a good way i could integrate that into a moc without leaving the open ball joint, so i have deemed it slightly useless in my eyes.

Edited for double post. --John Smith

There’s never a useless technique haha, besides there is a whole socket and multiple pin slots on that foot, im sure you’ll find a way to get around the empty socket

1 Like

i don’t know why but empty sockets make me cringe more than open ball joints and red axles. I think i see ball joints and open axles as potential to make something better and empty sockets as a disappointment 'cause they could be easily filled.

Couldn’t agree more. The beauty of that piece though is that there are lots of ways you can get around the problem of the open socket

1 Like

very true

Here is a how to of The Dark Toa. Took a lot of pictures, so I hope you’re happy. Again, the concept credit goes to lalam24 on deviantart.

First we have the back and neck region.

Then we have the head, which is actually my original design.

After that we have the front upper torso region.

Next, we have the lower torso.

Now we have the arms.

And finally, the legs.

And now you have the completed MOC. It looks like a Toa Mata, but it is much more articulate. It also looks better proportionally. You can make any custom version of this, this was my idea. Also, the red ball really breaks the color scheme, but it’s all I have at the moment, the blue pin-axles do as well, but black ones don’t provide enough friction, anf the 3-long axle with a stud in the lower torso is supposed to be modded to be shortened by 1 length. All the dark grey peices should be black, and all the clear slanted tiles should also be black.

31 Likes

Some of the pictures seem out of order.

I did what I could, but it’s still messed up somehow. Oh well

thank you for showing the tutorial. if i use it should i give credit to both you and the origanal creator?

1 Like

Nah dude. Just give credit to the original creator, and if you use the head design you can credit me if you want, but I’m not gonna hunt you down or anything

1 Like

ok thanks

1 Like

I messing with giving one of my Mocs tentacles and stumbled upon an interesting weapon system.

I can imagine the weilder would complete the weapons by powering them with their element.

24 Likes

That could be an interesting gimmick.

4 Likes

how do I torso

send help

6 Likes

@PotatoAlien

32 Likes