HowTo: MOC Tutorials

someone could turn this into a die.
that’s the first thing i thought after seeing it.

5 Likes

Here’s a simple matoran design that I came up with today. Since it uses the tohunga head, it is a bit limited in terms of color, but it still looks good in my opinion. The head should be able to move side to side, and up.

7 Likes

No clue what the connection points on that piece are, but it doesn’t look like that base design would be too hard to modify.

1 Like

Yep, the base design is just this.

The tohunga head is mostly there to add detail and bulk, but could easily be subsituted with other armor.

11 Likes

Has anyone tried using the Ultimate Dume Mask? I want to find a way to adapt it to work with a figure (for reference, think of a more greebly Inikabuild), but due to how weirdly the mask is made it’s kinda difficult to do that.

2 Likes

Here is a MOC that uses it:

2 Likes

Also on my instagram profile, there is a tutorial post on how to build that head, if you are interested of course!
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9MWXqEpNsy/

1 Like

Back in the mid 90s, lego introduced ‘Slope, Curved 4 x 2 x 2 Triple’ as a shaping element in freestyle buckets. The element was used in creator and dacta sets in the 2000s and was even used as a headrest in the adventurers island racer car, the only time it was not used in a creator theme. Years later, in 2018, lego introduced ‘Slope, Curved 1 x 2 x 1’ to act as a more practical replacement to the original part. It takes four of them and a 2x2 brick to perfectly emulate the shape of ‘Slope, Curved 4 x 2 x 2 Triple’.

‘Slope, Curved 1 x 2 x 1’ currently comes in fifteen more colors than the original brick, meaning you can retroactively go back and replace the headrests of the original island racer to build a whole rainbow fleet of them if you want.

9 Likes

Thanks, its a bit big for my purposes but I’ll give it a look.

1 Like

tips for custom heads with G1 Kanohi that connect to a balljoint neck? Preferable with eyes, as it’s a Huna, but that’s negotiable.

Noble or great?

1 Like

great

Here’s a block that uses eight of the white house arch bricks and two of the redesigned four bar hubs.

9 Likes

which mario is this

2 Likes

No mario game, it’s an original design.

1 Like

you never cease to amaze us

1 Like

Here’s an anti snot block that uses two ‘Bracket 2 x 2 - 1 x 2 Centered’ and the stamper tile + 1x1 plate with vertical clip stud reversal combo to leave a gap between a couple of sets of 1 x 4 wall panels.

5 Likes

OK, now that’s something I could really use, if nothing than for a cool crate design.

1 Like

Here’s a custom limb that uses the 1x1 brick with axle hole and the 1x3 arch brick.

13 Likes

That is simply artful

3 Likes