HowTo: MOC Tutorials

And black and gunmetal

@Klaevin91 I was joking. But I do have to disagree about gunmetal and silver. Especially G1 silver.

black is a given in any technic-based build and silver/gunmetal… meh, basically the same, depending on the lighting.

@TheMoltenKing which G1 silver? toa nuva silver is definitely different from makuta gunmetal. But piraka silver and gunmetal are similar enough that in some photos, I was able to pass them off as the same color.

All silver I’m g1 is the same?

in '07, silver changed. it became lighter and sort of translucent (it wasn’t, but it felt that way). before, silver was more “solid”

2 Likes

I made some legs, any advice for a body?

1 Like

@Voltrix

Would this be a good torso design?

@Traykar

I’ve designed a dual gear function torso that allows for the unity piece to be attached.

Pretty much got 3 versions here that’ll do the job.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

15 Likes

Thats great design right there.

Fantastic! bit irked that you have to take off the knob, but i see no other way around it. nice work!

Yeah, there really was no better way of doing it, unless I managed to get a bunch of small gears going down the spine, so to speak. That would be impractical. But you could think of it like a wind up key.

is there any way of making the axle longer, so it can pass trough a creature, allowing the arms to move while in unity?

Currently looking for a design for a female Toa torso. Unfortunately, it’s a bit specific:

Colour scheme would be gold and black.
I never bought Tarix, so I don’t have the gold Inika shoulders.
The character is meant to be small and waifish, so she’s shorter than an Inika, and some of the 2015 sets, with narrow shoulders.
Waist articulation.
I’d like there to be joints on the back for wings.
Preferably no gear function.

1 Like

do you want fries with that?

3 Likes

Fries are nice.

2 Likes

These are some of my designs, they have very small shoulders XD they’re also some of my smallest toa sized MOCs.

6 Likes

Those look good.

Im asking you if you think either of these would work, if you want to know how to build one then I can elaborate on their designs. Also side note the gold one has been modified to be able to have Bohrok eyes in the 2015 armor gaps if you need more color.

Yeah, that’d be good, I’d like to try the gold one.

Please reply to my post not the topic if you want me to see the post, I was’t notified for either post.

The hips are simple enough made mainly from a Vahki waist and using a hordika neck to connect it to the torso, theres other ways of doing this such as a regular connection from the middle of the waist straight into the connector but I like this one.

Front

Back

Size compared to a 2016 chest its still pretty small, and if you want to have wings you could use some technic parts instead of the Skrall armor to hold it together so that it can mount wings.

2 Likes

what about the other one? does it use the same design?

Oops, okay.

Awesome, thanks. I’ll give that a try tomorrow.