Humans/Organics in Hero Factory?

In one of the early concept art pieces, they show Stormer as a cyborg (or what kind of looks to be a cyborg):

I’d say the original concept for the line was to have humans as part of the world, but eventually they kind of shifted away from that idea and went more into the “robots only world” direction.

7 Likes

With those eyes, that jaw, and that advertising slogan, I’d call this take on Stormer something out of a horror film.:point_up:
Incidentally, where did you find that concept art, and is there more? I’d find it interesting to further look into some more of the line’s initial concepts.

Also, on a more opinion-based note, what might the probability be of organic or cyborg sapients existing on the non-Earth worlds we’ve seen in the line be?

1 Like

Is that a human in a robot suit?

That would actually be pretty cool.

3 Likes

This would explain the human names

3 Likes

IDK, it doesn’t really look like a human to me, especially in eyes and mouth. Maybe it’s an alien, instead? Or just a robot?

2 Likes

There’s an obscure canon mission where a team of heroes visit Earth to deal with a dragon (not one of the trailers or something - an actual mission detailed from the website).

So organics definitely exist in universe, because (however a little-known fact it is) HF is supposed to take place in our universe. It’s not like Bionicle where humans are just a no-show.

5 Likes

That isn’t to say Bionicle and Hero Factory couldn’t have co-existed in the same Universe, though.

They could, but do we really want them to?

Bionicle takes place a long time ago in the time before time, in a galaxy far far away.

Actually, there was a call center line someone submitted that was like “a 40 million foot tall robot is trying to crush us, and our 30 million foot tall robot can’t stop him!” Definitely not canon, but cool nonetheless.

3 Likes

Y̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶.̶

1 Like

Actually, they couldn’t:

Human’s don’t exist in the Bionicle universe, but they do in the Hero Factory universe.

Therefore, Bionicle and Hero Factory cannot be in the same universe.

4 Likes

I mean folks could do the mental gymnastics to explain how marvel and star wars are actually in the same continuity, doesn’t mean that it’d be good together.

2 Likes

I just randomly stumbled across… those things. Anyone remember them?

Man, It is really admirable how much the marketing team went the extra mile, and went out of their way to actually interview various people around the world… They had absolutely no reason for doing so, yet they did. I miss the older days of LEGO so much…

And yes, this pretty much 100% confirms that humans are canon in the Hero Factory Universe.

4 Likes

sus

5 Likes

wow nice

Indeed I do! I had them saved on my old ipod nano and would watch them over and over again. Them and hero-Factory FM, the best comedy that lego has ever produced.

1 Like